Guy at Gamestop tried

#11SakurafanboyPosted 1/24/2013 10:59:50 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
GameStop in this case isn't wrong. So he tried to show something the TC might've liked. No need to be an ass about him being wrong. All the employee would know is its a FE + 3DS bundle, how would he know if the system is XL or not if there's nothing stating either way? He's just a 9-5 employee like everyone else, he doesn't get super secret inside information. So to attack him for being wrong is beyond rude.

The thing is he looked it up in the system and still proceeded to tell me it was a XL. Thats what I found funny about the situation. Im not mad though. Just glad I did my research prior.

Even so, with the timing of this release being MONTHS after the XL came out and with rumors of the Pikachu 3DS XL coming, anyone would assume this is XL.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#12SirpastaPosted 1/24/2013 11:01:51 AM
Sakurafanboy more like Gamestop fanboy.

The employee should have know what kinda of 3DS it was before suggesting it. Even then if the employee wasn't sure of the facts they should have admitted it and taken the time to find the correct answer, not just push a product they didn't know about onto the customer. Gamestop is at fault here, they should have provided better training for these situations or resources to find the answers
---
Anything is Pasta-ible!
Twitter/AIM/XBL/PSN: SirPasta117
#13GlobalCoolingPosted 1/24/2013 11:03:40 AM
Sirpasta posted...

The employee should have know what kinda of 3DS it was before suggesting it. Even then if the employee wasn't sure of the facts they should have admitted it and taken the time to find the correct answer, not just push a product they didn't know about onto the customer. Gamestop is at fault here, they should have provided better training for these situations or resources to find the answers

Lol someone defends an honest mistake so they are a fanboy. Please stop the nerd rage and try to understand that people in retail aren't going to know everything about every product.
#14SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:42 AM
GlobalCooling posted...
Sirpasta posted...

Lol someone defends an honest mistake so they are a fanboy. Please stop the nerd rage and try to understand that people in retail aren't going to know everything about every product.

Sirpasta is spot-on with that. What that Gamestop employee did was nothing less than an attempt to scam. Defending a scam is most certainly being a fanboy.
#15OoSubaruoOPosted 1/24/2013 11:31:03 AM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
GlobalCooling posted...
Sirpasta posted...

Sirpasta is spot-on with that. What that Gamestop employee did was nothing less than an attempt to scam. Defending a scam is most certainly being a fanboy.

Or, the employee didn't know it wasn't an XL.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#16ValzacardXPosted 1/24/2013 11:36:17 AM(edited)
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
GameStop in this case isn't wrong. So he tried to show something the TC might've liked. No need to be an ass about him being wrong. All the employee would know is its a FE + 3DS bundle, how would he know if the system is XL or not if there's nothing stating either way? He's just a 9-5 employee like everyone else, he doesn't get super secret inside information. So to attack him for being wrong is beyond rude.

The thing is he looked it up in the system and still proceeded to tell me it was a XL. Thats what I found funny about the situation. Im not mad though. Just glad I did my research prior.

Even so, with the timing of this release being MONTHS after the XL came out and with rumors of the Pikachu 3DS XL coming, anyone would assume this is XL.

You can't assume, someone was assuming. Honestly I feel as him being an Employee he should have known details about a product he was trying to sell. Plus many times when I use to shop at GS all the time they tried to lie to me a couple of times to make a sale. Matter a fact when I went in buy a new 360 controller the guy kept asking me to reactivate my Rewards card. I didn't want to because my point's expired(really? expiring points<.<). So he tells me my points will be good again once I do it, and I wanted to get my Gameinformers again so I did. Sure enough my points are still expired. I didn't really mind, but I though I would use them to get a battery back or something.

Now pretty much all my Business goes to Amazon, or Ebay, except for the small cases where there is a pre order bonus I really want since I'm a collector. I.e. the Fire Emblem Art book.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#17IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/24/2013 11:42:09 AM
I just picked up an XL.
I soooo would have got the Fire Emblem version if it was an XL. Kind of annoyed it is not.

Same
#18SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/24/2013 11:55:46 AM(edited)
OoSubaruoO posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
GlobalCooling posted...
Sirpasta posted...

Or, the employee didn't know it wasn't an XL.

In that case he shouldn't have said it was an XL, but come out honest and say he's not sure whether it's an XL or not. He tried to trick the TC into believing he knew what he was talking about, AKA he tried to get a sale by deceit, which is a swindle. And to try and swindle someone by means of a trick is a scam.
#19siberian142Posted 1/24/2013 12:00:50 PM
GlobalCooling posted...
Sirpasta posted...

You should have the facts about all your products if your job revolves around selling and informing, especially when you're going to recommend one product over another. It was an honest mistake, but he is still a fault because he misinformed a customer.
#20Dragovian1Posted 1/24/2013 12:11:24 PM
I just bought the 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart 7 from GS (basically a free game, since it was the same price as the system by itself). Guy working there said it was sad that the Fire Emblem bundle was just a regular 3DS and not the XL.
---
Official Tentacruel of Pokemon B/W 2 Board
PS2- NA: Iron Triangle / 360- Warriors Orochi 3 / Wii- Monster Hunter Tri / DS- Pokemon Black 2