Finally got 3DS XL, but not good experience with cashier

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Finally got 3DS XL, but not good experience with cashier
3 years ago#1
I took the Best Buy ad to a Walmart and got me 3DS XL for $20 less ($179.99) which was big considering the nearest BB is about 25 miles away. That saved me $7 worth of gas so it was worthwhile.

I really wish the cashier wouldn't be so pushy with extended warranty. I've had only 3 busted game consoles in my life: my toaster NES after more than 15 years and a $5 part fixed it easy. An Atari 2600 that was over 30 years old and it's a very common LM7805 regulator chip. Lastly, the original DS that just died and wouldn't charge or anything, happened *in* original Nintendo warranty. The repaired unit is still working right now. Extended warranty is pure scam. (they even try to milk you for warranty on every DVD and Blu-ray they sell)

Yes the pixelation is there, that is no different than going from DSi to DSi XL. Bigger console, easier for my fat hand to hold it, and easier to see text on some games. Well worth the extra money over regular 3DS.

Hmmm... I have a blank and freshly formatted original 3DS sitting around. Time to hit CL and get some of those money back. :) Maybe sell my DSi XL as well.

PS took me a very long time to do the transfer, does the time depend on amount of DLC? I have a lot of games downloaded and couldn't use the original 2GB memory card anymore last year.
---
3DS friend code 1762-2819-7829
3 years ago#2
just do what i do - tell them to shove it. well, not quite those words, but - "do you want an extended warran- yeah i just want the game thanks."
3 years ago#3
What is the color of your original 3ds?
3 years ago#4
Yeah, the push by employees is why I tend to avoid Gamestop. Everytime (except for a few good employees) they will not leave you alone about preorders.
3 years ago#5
I avoid gamestop for 3 reasons

1: WANNA POWERUP CARD?!?1
2: WANNA PREORDER?!?1/
3: They open things, use them, then re-seal them "new" and put unremovable stickers all over boxes
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
3 years ago#6
I avoid gamestop for 3 reasons

1: WANNA POWERUP CARD?!?1
2: WANNA PREORDER?!?1/
3: They open things, use them, then re-seal them "new" and put unremovable stickers all over boxes

I tell them no to one and two and they usually listen but sometimes they just push the preorders.

Like I was picking up Ni no Kuni and the guy was like "huh we didnt get many copies, you should have preordered!" and his boss was like "no, we got 13 copies plus our preorders, shut up". lol
3 years ago#7
Part of their job is to push these things. They can be nice and just zip you through the line without mentioning them, but then they are being a poor employee. Your problem is with the company and not the cashier.
3 years ago#8
My original 3DS is Onyx or black, and my DSi XL is dark brown. However this forum is not FS so please don't ask me to sell it to you.

PS forgot to mention my new 3DS XL is red. I slapped on a Thundercats sticker on the top :)
---
3DS friend code 1762-2819-7829
3 years ago#9
Part of their job is to push these things. They can be nice and just zip you through the line without mentioning them, but then they are being a poor employee. Your problem is with the company and not the cashier.

I know, but there are also better ways to handle company policies like that. They aren't telling you to swarm customers like a preorder sheep, drooling all over the countertop.
3 years ago#10
Icecreamdunwich posted...

I know, but there are also better ways to handle company policies like that. They aren't telling you to swarm customers like a preorder sheep, drooling all over the countertop.

Actually they pretty much say that in different wording. I've had a few friends who worked at GameStop that quit because of that s***.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/captaindrek
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Finally got 3DS XL, but not good experience with cashier

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived