Finally got 3DS XL, but not good experience with cashier

#21IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/24/2013 6:19:34 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
All you have to do is being a decent human being and say "No thank you."

That's it. Nothing more. Evidently some people are socially incompetent and don't understand how human interaction works and feel persecuted by someone simply doing their job.

Clearly you haven't been to some of the badder gamestops. Lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#22WRRYYYYersPosted 1/24/2013 6:21:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23Tzuba12Posted 1/24/2013 6:33:59 PM
Had the same experience when I went to gamestop to pick up my 3DS. I had JUST enough for the sm3dl flame red 3DS with a used Kid Icarus game, and he asked me if I wanted an extended warranty. Heres how it went:

Him: Do you want to buy the extended warranty? Its only 15 bucks.
Me: No, thats okay, I only have enough to buy this and thats it
Him: *rings up the price*
Him: Are you SURE you don't want the extended warranty? I would get it.
Me: No, I only have exactly enough to get what I'm buying, thats IT. (i should only have to say this once)

Then he pushes the gamestop rewards card or whatever, and I just say no thank you and get out of there.

This is why I usually just order stuff online. Only reason I went to Gamestop was because it was less expensive to buy there than Amazon.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#24OoSubaruoOPosted 1/24/2013 6:55:01 PM
parKb5 posted...
iammaxhailme posted...
I avoid gamestop for 3 reasons

1: WANNA POWERUP CARD?!?1
2: WANNA PREORDER?!?1/
3: They open things, use them, then re-seal them "new" and put unremovable stickers all over boxes

But this topic has nothing to do with Game Stop. It's about WalMart.

It's like going to a Mario topic and complaining about Little Big Planet.

This, TC wasn't even talking about Gamestop and people still manage to bring it up. People really love hating on them it seems.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#25TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 7:37:41 PM
Genki posted...
I took the Best Buy ad to a Walmart and got me 3DS XL for $20 less ($179.99) which was big considering the nearest BB is about 25 miles away.

Just 25? Mine is 98 miles now, and used to be 40 miles to the nearest before I moved here, so my sympathy dropped a whole lot. Sorry.
Also, just freakin' order online, they weren't charging shipping when I looked earlier today, on an XL specifically. I want to get my brother one to play Animal Crossing together when it comes out, and Rune Factory 4 if and when that comes out.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#26GLDanzegoPosted 1/24/2013 8:19:27 PM
So you just say "no, but thanks for asking" and get on with your day. Is this really worth a complaint thread? Did you sit there on the way home and think about it, saying to yourself "I'd better run to Gamefaqs when I get home to complain about it because being asked a question was such a horrible experience!"?

Unless you have some kind of utterly paralyzing social phobia, why is this even an issue?

---
#27Dragongod165Posted 1/24/2013 8:26:36 PM
iammaxhailme posted...
3: They open things, use them, then re-seal them "new" and put unremovable stickers all over boxes

Damn those stickers. Protip: Blast the damn things with a blow-dryer to soften the glue before peeling. Works wonders;
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#28KneekickerPosted 1/24/2013 8:44:19 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
Had the same experience when I went to gamestop to pick up my 3DS. I had JUST enough for the sm3dl flame red 3DS with a used Kid Icarus game, and he asked me if I wanted an extended warranty. Heres how it went:

Him: Do you want to buy the extended warranty? Its only 15 bucks.
Me: No, thats okay, I only have enough to buy this and thats it
Him: *rings up the price*
Him: Are you SURE you don't want the extended warranty? I would get it.
Me: No, I only have exactly enough to get what I'm buying, thats IT. (i should only have to say this once)

Then he pushes the gamestop rewards card or whatever, and I just say no thank you and get out of there.

This is why I usually just order stuff online. Only reason I went to Gamestop was because it was less expensive to buy there than Amazon.

He probably didn't hear you and asked you again so he didn't make a mistake, it happens a lot.
My dad works at Superstore and occasionally he forgets whether the customer wanted a bag or not so rather than make a mistake he would ask the customer again to make sure.
The managers of Gamestop force this on the employee's themselves, they have to promote pre-orders and power up cards to make more money. If the employees don't sell enough of those that gets stained onto their profile and they might even lose their job.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#29parKb5Posted 1/25/2013 3:38:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30datopgamerPosted 1/25/2013 4:11:29 PM
Extended warranties aren't always a scam, just ask the people who bought a ps3 and 360 when they were first released.

You also never really elaborated on what the cashier did that was out of line. If all they did was ask if you wanted an extended warranty then that's part of their job to do and they get prompted to do so by their register. Also it takes like 2 seconds to say "no thank you".
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors