I'm usually not big on SRPGs. Should I blindly buy FIre Emblem Awakening?

#11ssbmrocksPosted 1/24/2013 1:21:25 PM
EternalNether posted...
Well that was certainly interesting. It's not as boring as other SRPGs that I've tried out in the past, and the graphics were really pretty, with some awesome 3D effects. That said, is the entire game just grid-based battles with cutscenes in between? Does the game let you walk around, explore, etc? Seems like I might get tired of just fighting, then watching cutscenes, then fighting, and so on. I didn't really finish the demo (battery was low, plugged it in) so I can't comment on anything that happened after the very beginning of chapter 1.

Yeah, it's pretty much just battles, cutscenes, and some map traversing, none of the FE's (as far as I know) let you control a single character outside of battles.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#12IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/24/2013 1:26:06 PM
I think it's just battles and cutscenes, there is an overworld your character explores but only on paths.
#13ValzacardXPosted 1/24/2013 2:01:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14moogle69Posted 1/24/2013 3:09:52 PM
EternalNether posted...
Well that was certainly interesting. It's not as boring as other SRPGs that I've tried out in the past, and the graphics were really pretty, with some awesome 3D effects. That said, is the entire game just grid-based battles with cutscenes in between? Does the game let you walk around, explore, etc? Seems like I might get tired of just fighting, then watching cutscenes, then fighting, and so on. I didn't really finish the demo (battery was low, plugged it in) so I can't comment on anything that happened after the very beginning of chapter 1.

this is pretty much all SRPGs in a nutshell, excluding shining force.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#15Bancario51Posted 1/24/2013 3:14:49 PM
did you enjoy Valykria Chronicles?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#16nonexistingheroPosted 1/24/2013 3:15:49 PM
The Fire Emblem RPG's are fairly challenging as games, but they're pretty easy as far as SRPG's go. And this one even features an easier difficulty than other Fire Emblem games, for people who aren't good at these kinds of games.

Anyhow, try the demo. if you like it, go for it. If not, then don't bother. If you're not sure after the demo, perhaps get it once a good deal for the game pops up some time.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.