Help! 3ds ambassador to 3dsxl transfer

#11TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 6:31:35 PM
Antaraxenox posted...
I see. But can I transfer them directly to my 4gb card? Or I'll have to insert my old 3DS card for the games to work? Does it matter if both systems are registered on the same account? Or I'll have to create a new one for the 3DSXL?

If you copy the data from your 2gb card to your 4gb card, then yes you can. Are you able to copy SD cards on your computer? Does it have a card reader / do you have an USB adapter?

Just copy everything on the 2gb card to your computer, after you ahve done the transfer copy all of that stuff from your computer to your 4gb card.
I recommend copy and paste instead of cut and paste.

If you cannot copy stuff from an SD card to / from your computer, and you still want your save data, you are stuck with the 2gb card.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#12Antaraxenox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:35:18 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Antaraxenox posted...
I see. But can I transfer them directly to my 4gb card? Or I'll have to insert my old 3DS card for the games to work? Does it matter if both systems are registered on the same account? Or I'll have to create a new one for the 3DSXL?

If you copy the data from your 2gb card to your 4gb card, then yes you can. Are you able to copy SD cards on your computer? Does it have a card reader / do you have an USB adapter?

Just copy everything on the 2gb card to your computer, after you ahve done the transfer copy all of that stuff from your computer to your 4gb card.
I recommend copy and paste instead of cut and paste.

If you cannot copy stuff from an SD card to / from your computer, and you still want your save data, you are stuck with the 2gb card.

And what happens with the 2GB card? All data dissapears or it's necessary to format the card?
#13Gamemaster64Posted 1/24/2013 7:08:48 PM
Antaraxenox posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
Antaraxenox posted...
So then, both systems will have the games?

No. One system only.

As said one system only. either 3ds or XL, not both. This goes for everything else that on the system.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#14JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/24/2013 7:11:51 PM
Do the transfer and the system prompts you to use the "old" SD card with the new system from now on.

I've transferred from my ambassador Aqua Blue to my Zelda to my Blue. You only lose DSiWare gamesaves in the process.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#15EkaruPosted 1/24/2013 7:23:19 PM
You can transfer data from one SD card to the other using your computer if you just want to use a bigger SD card.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#16TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 7:26:48 PM
Antaraxenox posted...
And what happens with the 2GB card? All data dissapears or it's necessary to format the card?

I'm not sure if you have to format or not, to be honest. I know you can't use that data anymore though, so you might as well format it, or let the 3DS format it.
---
#17Antaraxenox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:16:11 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Antaraxenox posted...

I'm not sure if you have to format or not, to be honest. I know you can't use that data anymore though, so you might as well format it, or let the 3DS format it.

My 3DSXL comes with an included Mario Kart Digital, if I transfer data from my old 3ds will I lose it?
#18Gamemaster64Posted 1/24/2013 9:28:10 PM
Antaraxenox posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
Antaraxenox posted...

My 3DSXL comes with an included Mario Kart Digital, if I transfer data from my old 3ds will I lose it?

yes and no. It will get deleted but you just go to the download list and redownload it.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#19TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 9:28:27 PM
Antaraxenox posted...

You would have to download it from the eShop. It will be found under settings on the eShop something like Download history.
---