I can't be bothered to do the math

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I can't be bothered to do the math
2 years ago#1
How many gigs (or megs) is 9000 blocks and why does nintendo keep using this ridiculous block system to describe how much memory you have on your SD card?
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
2 years ago#2
3000 mb
---
3DS FC: 1289-8698-7326
Black 2 FC: 0992-0446-4997
2 years ago#3
I can't be bothered you give you a meaningful reply.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
2 years ago#4
DahlVaughnni posted...

This. Oh, and it's not 3000 MB.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
2 years ago#5
Its around 250MBs if my math is right, give or take a few.
2 years ago#6
jakestar0306 posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

There is absolutely no need for your quotation of the initially rude response, and certainly no need for the response you quoted. The TC may simply be bad at maths, and may find it more effort to work it out than others here would.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all? The TC simply asked a question, and you two are being c**** about it.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
2 years ago#7
8 blocks is roughly 1 megabyte (in other words, blocks are pretty much just megabits).

Therefore, 9000 blocks is about a gigabyte.

This seems accurate from my experience, because when I had about a gigabyte left on my 1GB card I had about 9000 blocks left.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
2 years ago#8
Ekaru posted...
8 blocks is roughly 1 megabyte (in other words, blocks are pretty much just megabits).

Therefore, 9000 blocks is about a gigabyte.

This seems accurate from my experience, because when I had about a gigabyte left on my 1GB card I had about 9000 blocks left.

The maths does not work. If 8 blocks were roughly 1 megabyte, then 8000 blocks would be roughly .8 gigabytes. Am I right?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
2 years ago#9
There is absolutely no need for your quotation of the initially rude response, and certainly no need for the response you quoted. The TC may simply be bad at maths, and may find it more effort to work it out than others here would.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all? The TC simply asked a question, and you two are being c**** about it.

I would normally agree with you, but the TC really did have it coming. If you post that you "can't be bothered" to do something, than you have no right to get an answer from anyone else.

If he would have came in and said that he "can't figure out the math, and would like some help" I feel more people would have gladly helped him out.
2 years ago#10
The_Hungry_One posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

Sweet hypocrisy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I can't be bothered to do the math

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived