I don't understand how people can think handheld gaming is dying.

#11Reverted_Pikkon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:23:02 PM
Nnamz posted...
Just some more food for thought:

Modern Combat 4, the latest entry in the most popular phone shooter franchise, has sold been downloaded roughly 50 000+ times on Android devices (this includes free vouchers, but for this comparisons sake, lets assume all downloads were paid downloads. Lets also assume the number is 75 000, since all we know is that it's over 50k, but under 100k). It's price is $6.99.

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified on Vita, the worst Call of Duty ever, sold over 300 000 units at retail alone at $50.00. This is of course excluding digital downloads, which we will not count since we don't know the number, but it's well into the thousands.

Black Ops Declassified has generated 15 Million dollars of revenue despite being the worst game released last year.

MC4 generated just over half a million dollars of revenue so far on Android. Unless it has generated 30x more sales on iphone, it has not been more profitable.

Great comparison. I hope no one hates me for this, but CoD Declassified has been a ton of fun for me. I only play the online multiplayer, but damn if it isn't fun.
---
The wind... it is... blowing... -Ganondorf
#12emagdnEPosted 1/25/2013 7:15:28 PM
.....what?

people are saying that console gaming is dying, in Japan

.....which it is
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#13BatenKait0sPosted 1/25/2013 7:18:23 PM
They're dumb.

I honestly think its the only gaming that's left.
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)