What kind of games are you into?

#1Darkstorm16Posted 1/24/2013 9:26:31 PM(edited)
A simple nice conversation, what type of games are you into? I'll separate my list:
I Love:
Simulation
Platformers
Town-To-Town RPGS
Action Adventure
Point and Click Adventure
Action RPG
Strategy RPG (although I stink at some)
Dungeon Crawlers
Puzzle Platformers
Tower Defense
Racing
Rhythm Games
Card Battle Games
Horror (I prefer supernatural)
Visual Novels
Arcade Fighters
Indie Games

I like:
MMOs

I Hate:
Super heavy on gore games (...exception with Zombies)
First Person Shooters
First Person anything (I get lost)
Sports
Military Games

For some reason (I'm 24 mind you...well will be) I like to keep all my games I'm comfortable at a "T" rated or lower with a few exceptions....is that weird?
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#2ValzacardXPosted 1/24/2013 9:27:10 PM
Pretty much everything except fishing, and hunting games.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#3Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:28:31 PM(edited)
ValzacardX posted...
Pretty much everything except fishing, and hunting games.

lol I forgot to add those xD also I like Puzzles but once in a while.
---
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#4TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 9:35:29 PM
SOME traditional RPGs... I have a hard time dedicating that much time in one sitting to one. As an example, I tried playing Final Fantasy IX exactly once: Started the game, was thoroughly exploring the first town, had to go somewhere for the day. I was like 45 minutes into it, and I couldn't save yet, and I wasn't going to leave my PS on for 48 consecutive hours. I never played again.
Action RPGs, Strategy RPGs (even though I probably won't get Fire Emblem this time around), Animal Crossing, but not really other 'life simulators'. I usually play the Mario games, but don't feel a lot of incentive to do everything in them. Classic style Resident Evil, but not 4, 5 and 6. Contra games. 2D Zelda. The only 3D Zelda, Ocarina of Time 3D I've tried I absolutely hated. There didn't feel like there was any charm to it, it seemed to take itself too seriously, and I had difficulty adapting to the 3D. All of that combined made me quit after about 3 or 4 hours and never go back.
Fighting games.
FUN FPS games, stuff like TimeSplitters, or GoldenEye. No COD for me, thanks, because I don't want to play a two hour campaign and the rest of the game be online. Those guys are jerks. I do quite like Borderlands, though.
Metroidvania type games, but not the 3D Metroids. Or Castlevanias. I like original Castlevania style play though.
Turn based strategy. Real time Strategy.
I dunno, I think it's hard to nail down what I like to genre, since some stuff in a genre I will really really like, and others I will not.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:38:00 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
SOME traditional RPGs... I have a hard time dedicating that much time in one sitting to one. As an example, I tried playing Final Fantasy IX exactly once: Started the game, was thoroughly exploring the first town, had to go somewhere for the day. I was like 45 minutes into it, and I couldn't save yet, and I wasn't going to leave my PS on for 48 consecutive hours. I never played again.
Action RPGs, Strategy RPGs (even though I probably won't get Fire Emblem this time around), Animal Crossing, but not really other 'life simulators'. I usually play the Mario games, but don't feel a lot of incentive to do everything in them. Classic style Resident Evil, but not 4, 5 and 6. Contra games. 2D Zelda. The only 3D Zelda, Ocarina of Time 3D I've tried I absolutely hated. There didn't feel like there was any charm to it, it seemed to take itself too seriously, and I had difficulty adapting to the 3D. All of that combined made me quit after about 3 or 4 hours and never go back.
Fighting games.
FUN FPS games, stuff like TimeSplitters, or GoldenEye. No COD for me, thanks, because I don't want to play a two hour campaign and the rest of the game be online. Those guys are jerks. I do quite like Borderlands, though.
Metroidvania type games, but not the 3D Metroids. Or Castlevanias. I like original Castlevania style play though.
Turn based strategy. Real time Strategy.
I dunno, I think it's hard to nail down what I like to genre, since some stuff in a genre I will really really like, and others I will not.

You said you like RE....I'm a newcomer to the series...I loved the Demo for Revelations...what ones are the closest to Revelations?
---
#6TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 9:43:28 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
You said you like RE....I'm a newcomer to the series...I loved the Demo for Revelations...what ones are the closest to Revelations?

4 and 5 for control style, but atmosphere more like 1, 2, 3, Zero, Code Veronica, and RE: Make (Resident Evil on GameCube). Of course the latter all have the much panned 'Tank controls' which everyone (but me) hates. I have a really hard time controlling the characters in 4 and 5. I couldn't finish 4 because I suck that badly at the aiming and shooting parts, though I did really like Revelations, and beat it multiple times.
---
#7Halladay32Posted 1/24/2013 9:45:16 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
As an example, I tried playing Final Fantasy IX exactly once: Started the game, was thoroughly exploring the first town, had to go somewhere for the day. I was like 45 minutes into it, and I couldn't save yet, and I wasn't going to leave my PS on for 48 consecutive hours. I never played again.

If possible and if you have the will, you should rectify that. FFIX is amazing, definitely my favourite Final Fantasy.

The games I seem to gravitate to and enjoy the most are platformers, puzzle games, and RPGs. I'll play any genre though, although I'm usually more hesitant to try FPSs, MMOs, and strategy games, partially because I'm not overly skilled at them, but also because the tone and tempo of those games don't tend to interest me as much.
Over the last year, I've really started to get into visual novels, including the Ace Attorney series, the Zero Escape series, and Ghost Trick.
---
"A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."
#8TinyTim123Posted 1/24/2013 9:55:04 PM
Halladay32 posted...
If possible and if you have the will, you should rectify that. FFIX is amazing, definitely my favourite Final Fantasy.

I know I can likely buy it on the Vita, but I don't know that I can muster the patience for it now. I've played all of the Final Fantasy games for the original on NES to XI on the computer (yes I played the MMO for awhile, until my CPU burnt out unexpectedly, when I rebuilt it, I kinda didn't care anymore), didn't play X-2, with my favorite being V (because I played it in Japanese on my Super Famicom), and of those only XI and IX did I not finish.
The time to invest in it now... that and freakin' more than 45 minutes to get to the first save point?
I am likely not going to try it until I retire or don't have to work or go to school or something. Basically, like the summer I was unemployed and got really REALLY good at FFX Blitzball.
---
#9MereMarePosted 1/24/2013 10:26:34 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
A simple nice conversation, what type of games are you into? I'll separate my list:
I Like:
Simulation
Town-To-Town RPGS
Action Adventure
Point and Click Adventure
Action RPG (although I stink at some)
Strategy RPG
Visual Novels
Platformers
Dungeon Crawlers (Etrian Odyssey series are the only games I own)

I Hate:
Genres not listed above

---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#10RayzerTagPosted 1/24/2013 10:32:30 PM(edited)
EDIT: Double post, sorry.