Any good multiplayer RPGs?

#1DeviousDVOPosted 1/25/2013 5:25:02 AM
Just got a 3DS and am looking for some decent RPGs I can play with my friends. Anyone know of any? All the ones I've seen that look promising are single-player.
#2nazacuckooPosted 1/25/2013 5:27:38 AM
Heroes of Ruin has co-op multiplayer,
although it might not be more than "decent"
I'm not sure myself, though.
Maybe someone else here has played it and can give you an opinion on it.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#3DahlVaughnniPosted 1/25/2013 5:28:01 AM
I think fire emblem is multiplayer, and the new monster hunter. You'll have to wait for both though.

Kid Icarus is KINDA rpgish.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#4DahlVaughnniPosted 1/25/2013 5:28:58 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
Heroes of Ruin has co-op multiplayer,
although it might not be more than "decent"
I'm not sure myself, though.
Maybe someone else here has played it and can give you an opinion on it.

I left that one out on purpose... It's a diablo style game TC but it's... less than stellar, and very short, and you can't do boss runs or anything like that, they never respawn.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#5DeviousDVO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:55:17 AM
I checked on that Fire Emblem, apparently all it has is some Streetpass thing but no actual multiplayer. =| Will check out Monster Hunter when it comes out though. I wish Crimson Shroud had an option to play co-op, since it's styled after D&D you would think that would be an option. D&D is meant to be played with friends!

Regardless, thanks for the help guys.
#6DeviousDVO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:00:49 AM
Also Kid Icarus does look pretty sweet, might give that a try.
#7DogscratchPosted 1/25/2013 6:56:36 AM
DeviousDVO posted...
I checked on that Fire Emblem, apparently all it has is some Streetpass thing but no actual multiplayer. =| Will check out Monster Hunter when it comes out though. I wish Crimson Shroud had an option to play co-op, since it's styled after D&D you would think that would be an option. D&D is meant to be played with friends!

Regardless, thanks for the help guys.

Local multiplayer for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - No wifi option for greater internet. As a side note, apparently it will let you toss your char between your 3ds and Wii U if going onto the internet with it is your thang.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#8gamezero6Posted 1/25/2013 3:28:24 PM
Code Princess

Its Princess Crown + Guardian Heroes.

Local and Online Co-op and versus play.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
#9KABloodySunPosted 1/25/2013 7:14:37 PM
I would personally not recommend Heroes of Ruin. Built an impressive amount of hype but was ultimately a big let down in my opinion.

It does have WiFi Multiplayer Co-Op though, that is very easy to use and offers voice chat.
---
Gamertag: A Critic
3DS FC:0516-7436-5160
#10NathanisDrakePosted 1/25/2013 7:23:26 PM
gamezero6 posted...
Code Princess

Its Princess Crown + Guardian Heroes.

Local and Online Co-op and versus play.

---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD