The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

3DS Data Transfer Tool coming to japan in march!

#190sRetroGamingPosted 1/25/2013 7:59:16 AM
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33140

Let's hope other regions follow suit shortly!. i'm ready to move my MK7 save data on my physicial copy to my digital copy of MK7 that came pre-installed with my XL!.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2Janus151Posted 1/25/2013 8:05:15 AM
cool!

my question is, can I move my save file to my SD card, but still be able to load it with my retail cart? because I have no intention of buying any digital version of games. But I would rather have all my save files on my SD card instead of the actual game carts.
#3rizsparkyPosted 1/25/2013 8:06:48 AM
Hopefully means that the Miiverse system update will accompany the save tool
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#490sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:25:04 AM(edited)
Janus151 posted...
cool!

my question is, can I move my save file to my SD card, but still be able to load it with my retail cart? because I have no intention of buying any digital version of games. But I would rather have all my save files on my SD card instead of the actual game carts.

You can't. the only way it will be able to be stored on the SD card is if you have the digital version of the same game installed on the system itself.

Edit: I can see why you would want this though. say if you lost your cartridge you'd lose everything, aside from streetpass and spotpass data which is automatically stored on the SD card either way, granted you have it enabled.

You would want to be able to go out and purchase a new physical copy of said same game, insert it and continue on where you left off right?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#5Janus151Posted 1/26/2013 1:02:37 PM
yah :D well either:

1) I lose a copy of my game, I can just go rebuy it and still have my sale file (if I ever lose my Pokemon White with over 700+ hours played, I will kill someone :P)

2) I can lend my games to my friends cousins, but still keep my save file in case they screw up my save (or accidentally, I've accidentally saved over my brother's Layton save files), or for games that only give one or 2 save slots.
#6-Zeke-Posted 1/26/2013 1:14:33 PM
Janus151 posted...

I hope they make it like this in the future. Only time will tell
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
Official Ninja of the Spam Masters Clan