Any games like Atelier Annie?

#1Eric_CoronaPosted 1/25/2013 8:07:53 PM
Topic. I really like this game so wondering if theres anything similar
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#2CronoDynePosted 1/25/2013 8:13:24 PM
On the 3DS? No, not really. The closest I could think of is the Harvest Moon games, but even then it's not that similar.

If you have a PS3, you should go for the Atelier Arland series.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#3Eric_Corona(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:18:46 PM
CronoDyne posted...
On the 3DS? No, not really. The closest I could think of is the Harvest Moon games, but even then it's not that similar.

If you have a PS3, you should go for the Atelier Arland series.

Can't find them anymore, and um, I meant for DS/3DS, any system really.
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#4aamotPosted 1/25/2013 8:22:43 PM
This is the first I've heard of Atelier Annie, but it sounds like it has some similarities to the Rune Factory series on DS.

Item creation, resource collection, and quests sound similar. Battles in Rune Factory are real-time and similar to the Mana series.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#5LOLRIFANPosted 1/25/2013 8:25:56 PM
don't get these games if there all like atlier merumeru. that game was terrible they give a three year time limit doing ANYTHING takes at least a day not to mention taking several days to make materials required pass a quest,and unlike majora's mask you CANNOT reset your timelimit.

terrible game,imo
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
"Welcome to my barbecue!" kefka final fantasy vi
#6MereMarePosted 1/25/2013 10:26:56 PM
There is Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale but it is for PC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recettear:_An_Item_Shop%27s_Tale
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#7AkaneJonesPosted 1/25/2013 11:13:22 PM
The entire Atelier series, Gust hasn't made a 3DS one yet. Normally they do, but they are wasting time on Vita ports of PS3 titles. For some reason NISA didn't give the west Atelier Lise & Atelier Lina on DS. They sit as the only two new Atelier games to not come to the US since Iris.
#8jovewolfPosted 1/26/2013 12:31:41 AM
Well to be fair Lise was quite buggy even after they fixed it. Not sure why they didn't bring Lina over though.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#9Gamemaster64Posted 1/26/2013 6:39:39 AM
AkaneJones posted...
The entire Atelier series, Gust hasn't made a 3DS one yet. Normally they do, but they are wasting time on Vita ports of PS3 titles. For some reason NISA didn't give the west Atelier Lise & Atelier Lina on DS. They sit as the only two new Atelier games to not come to the US since Iris.

Only two? Pretty sure there some psp ones that didn't come over either.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#10jovewolfPosted 1/28/2013 7:03:12 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
AkaneJones posted...

Only two? Pretty sure there some psp ones that didn't come over either.

Actually AkaneJones statement is still correct - the ones released for PSP were Judie, Violet, and the two Mana Khemias, which are all ports/remakes of older games.

We still have gotten all brand new Atelier games since Iris excepting those two on DS.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."