Any games like Atelier Annie?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any games like Atelier Annie?
3 years ago#11
What is the Altier series like? It seems interesting, but I don'y know much about it.
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
3 years ago#12
Essentially the Atelier games are RPGs, only your protagonist is usually a shop owner that specializes in creating items and equipment and typically the goal in an Atelier game is rather small scale - keep your store in the black, earn money to pay off a debt, etc. They also usually have a time mechanic - creating items and travelling takes time and most goals you're given have a time limit.

Also in most Atelier games typically only your alchemist characters, which will be your protagonist and maybe some others, can use the items - all other party members must rely on their equipment and skills.
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
3 years ago#13
Hm... sounds like fun.

Sorry to interrupt the topic, I was just considering buying it.
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
3 years ago#14
I played Atelier Annie a long time ago on a whim after seeing it on new releases, and I thought it was definitely enjoyable for RPG fans who want something different. I never managed to finish it due to still not fully understanding how the game is supposed to want you to play it, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxi5h5.gif
3 years ago#15
Eric_Corona posted...
CronoDyne posted...
On the 3DS? No, not really. The closest I could think of is the Harvest Moon games, but even then it's not that similar.

If you have a PS3, you should go for the Atelier Arland series.

Can't find them anymore, and um, I meant for DS/3DS, any system really.

What the heck are you talking about? All the Atelier games are available on Amazon, even the PS2 games. And they are reasonably priced too.
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
3 years ago#16
LOLRIFAN posted...
don't get these games if there all like atlier merumeru. that game was terrible they give a three year time limit doing ANYTHING takes at least a day not to mention taking several days to make materials required pass a quest,and unlike majora's mask you CANNOT reset your timelimit.

terrible game,imo

So since you lack time management skills its a terrible game? I got ya good to know you can't be counted on as a grown up now...maybe ever.
Yes? Hm?what?quit poking me!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any games like Atelier Annie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived