Any games like Atelier Annie?

#11WiiFan77Posted 1/28/2013 8:43:00 AM
What is the Altier series like? It seems interesting, but I don'y know much about it.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#12jovewolfPosted 1/28/2013 11:41:35 AM
Essentially the Atelier games are RPGs, only your protagonist is usually a shop owner that specializes in creating items and equipment and typically the goal in an Atelier game is rather small scale - keep your store in the black, earn money to pay off a debt, etc. They also usually have a time mechanic - creating items and travelling takes time and most goals you're given have a time limit.

Also in most Atelier games typically only your alchemist characters, which will be your protagonist and maybe some others, can use the items - all other party members must rely on their equipment and skills.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#13WiiFan77Posted 1/28/2013 11:48:21 AM
Hm... sounds like fun.

Sorry to interrupt the topic, I was just considering buying it.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#14Termin8rPosted 1/30/2013 12:34:30 AM
I played Atelier Annie a long time ago on a whim after seeing it on new releases, and I thought it was definitely enjoyable for RPG fans who want something different. I never managed to finish it due to still not fully understanding how the game is supposed to want you to play it, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxi5h5.gif
#15rockyminPosted 1/30/2013 4:36:06 AM
Eric_Corona posted...
CronoDyne posted...
On the 3DS? No, not really. The closest I could think of is the Harvest Moon games, but even then it's not that similar.

If you have a PS3, you should go for the Atelier Arland series.

Can't find them anymore, and um, I meant for DS/3DS, any system really.

What the heck are you talking about? All the Atelier games are available on Amazon, even the PS2 games. And they are reasonably priced too.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#16RPGspleasePosted 1/30/2013 6:10:11 AM
LOLRIFAN posted...
don't get these games if there all like atlier merumeru. that game was terrible they give a three year time limit doing ANYTHING takes at least a day not to mention taking several days to make materials required pass a quest,and unlike majora's mask you CANNOT reset your timelimit.

terrible game,imo

So since you lack time management skills its a terrible game? I got ya good to know you can't be counted on as a grown up now...maybe ever.
---
Yes? Hm?what?quit poking me!!!!