Why are some of you not buying awakening?

#101sockesockePosted 1/28/2013 4:45:09 AM
ceedofevil posted...
I don't like strategy games. 'Nuff said.

this for me as well.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#102MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/28/2013 8:13:36 AM
king_darks posted...
Mario fanatic your paranoid bull is unfounded. I'm sorry but their is no correlation between game length and dlc and kid icarus is one of the worst examples to cite. Limited online options, lacking hades and other themed weapons, only 25 story chapters (Less then fire awakening) and a much pretty underused model (more dark pit exclusive chapters)? compare to awakening that has DOUBLE the chapters in addition to spotpass, street pass and skrmishes excluding dlc. Please don't assume what you don't know.

Okay, you're officially trolling now... But don't worry, I'm going to respond to each of your points and make it clear.

Do you really think that a Fire Emblem chapter requires half as much planning or effort as the chapters of Kid Icarus: Uprising did (excluding Genealogy of the Holy War where each chapter was absolutely huge)? An on-rails shooter requires special programming for each and ever level, whereas strategy games with a grid-based system are relatively easy to do level programming once they have the engine in place; this is why on-rails shooters are usually very short games, unlike Kid Icarus.

As for limited online... What? There were lots of options for online mode. And besides, if a game was purely single player, would you be trying to suggest that that's proof of a lack of content? It's simply a design choice to focus primarily on single player, as a video game generally should.

And are you honestly complaining about Dark Pit being "underused"? Firstly, he was just a pallet swap of Pit, not a different model, please learn the difference between the two; at least if you would have cited Magus, your argument would have seemed only semi-fanboyish because he actually uses a different model. And secondly, it wasn't his game... If they hadn't been playable at all, would you have complained they were underused models (even though one has their model shared with the main character)? What about the little girl and the dog? Why aren't you complaining about them being underused, you don't play more than a minute each as them.

As for why they didn't make a weapon based off Hades?
I'm not sure, it puzzles me, but if you're claiming they did it because of limited content, you're flat out lying. Do you realize there were over a hundred weapons in the game? 108 weapons to be precise, each of which had its own unique moveset.

None of the Fire Emblem games to date have had anywhere near the amount of content Uprising did. Granted, there are a couple that were highers quality games (namely Genealogy and Thracia), but in terms of quantity? None of them even touch it.

Also, I notice you completely ignored the fact I mentioned Sakurai's recent games as a whole, not just Uprising. Look at both SSB Melee and Brawl, look at Kirby's Air Ride, or Kirby Super Star. Each of these games was packed with stuff to do. It's safe to say that in terms of raw content, Sakurai is the setter of standards, as he puts in a lot more stuff than games with tons of DLC, yet he releases complete games... Which are often cheaper than the initial price of incomplete games which charge for DLC.

"Please don't assume what you don't know." Also, please learn the difference between "their" and "there", as well as the proper rules for capitalization.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#103PookyKittyPosted 1/28/2013 9:52:03 AM
I've never been able to get into any FE game (I've owned a couple as gifts), I tried the demo a few times and I still just don't like it. I love Final Fantasy Tactics though, so it's not because I don't like strategy, I just hate FE.

I wish I could like it though.
#104T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 1/28/2013 9:56:14 AM
wurmtoken posted...
Unit Permadeath. I tried Sacred Stones because I got it as an ambassador and I actually really liked it. The only problem? "Oops a minor soldier died. Better start the entire mission over."

I could take weapons eventually breaking but units dying? Nope, just couldn't take it.

Awakening has the option to turn Permadeath off by the way.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#105T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 1/28/2013 9:56:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#106NewbieN00bPosted 1/28/2013 10:04:14 AM
I am amused this is a thread. You don't expect everyone to buy it, do you? XD
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#107EndgamePosted 1/28/2013 10:21:32 AM
Awakening is not a strategy game guys

"strategy" implies that it requires thought, Awakening has no such requirement

so for all of you worried about losing characters and whatnot, don't worry! that won't happen in Awakening! Pair Up makes your units too powerful!
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#108Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/28/2013 10:30:25 AM
I've never been good at strategy games
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#109king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:42:11 PM
MarioFanaticXV posted...

Okay, you're officially trolling now... But don't worry, I'm going to respond to each of your points and make it clear.

It hard to respond the way I want to on a psp :/ Sorry about that.

Do you really think that a Fire Emblem chapter requires half as much planning or effort as the chapters of Kid Icarus: Uprising did (excluding Genealogy of the Holy War where each chapter was absolutely huge)? An on-rails shooter requires special programming for each and ever level,

I guess your right. Kid Icarus uprising resources went to prettying up the enviroment and heavily scripted online segments Whilst fire emblem went the substance over style approach and cgi cutscenes. This is a heavy generalisation but atleast we can both agree that kid Icarus uprising is a beautiful game that focused heavily on the presentation and the single player took a hit because of it. The challenges are nothing but a artificial way to increase length as all it does is add a objective a player could do and while replaying the levels with new weapons is interesting each weapon main differences lie in the classes. Otherwise they're just reskinned weapons with edited properties.

whereas strategy games with a grid-based system are relatively easy to do level programming once they have the engine in place; this is why on-rails shooters are usually very short games, unlike Kid Icarus.

I can blaze through the campaign in 10 hours or less. The game still isn't that long. The longevity lies in the fusing system, multiple difficulty settings and the uniqueness of the 9 weapon classes that adds for a lot of ways to experiment both online and offline when paired with the fusion system. Fire emblem A content comes from the support conversations, unit diversity, more chapters, increased chapter length and a slew of other options. Not meaning to shortchange uprising but I have to prioritise character space.

As for limited online... What? There were lots of options for online mode. And besides, if a game was purely single player, would you be trying to suggest that that's proof of a lack of content?

I love the quiet denial on this one. The only 2 modes are light v dark and FFA neither of which are even that original especially FFA. There is a incredible amount of content missing online compared to other online games which is sad as there are weapon specifically tailored for this mode (Great reaper palm and Gemini orbitors come to mind) not to mention the power system. So yes I would mention the lack of online as proof of lack of content as the basis of this game makes for a great online experience.

It's simply a design choice to focus primarily on single player, as a video game generally should.

Your bias is showing. The SP is lacking compared to the subject in question which is fire emblem and the particular appoarch that sakurai took toward this game doesn't give him a pass to make a relatively short game compared to fire emblem. We can dig further and further in how the structure of kid icarus uprising doesn't give it a edge content wise over fire emblem or you could simply admit that fire emblem took no hit in content from the making in dlc. It's getting rather obvious to so why can't you see it.

And are you honestly complaining about Dark Pit being "underused"? Firstly, he was just a pallet swap of pit not a different model.

Can you dig in the game code and verify that there isn't a seperate for pit and dark pit or is this coming out of your ass? I'm assuming the latter on this one. Dark pit having a unique "appearance" personality and voice justify seeing him more in this game. The dialogue is one of the strong points so I would personally love to see more banter between the characters :3.
---
School days are back.
#110Prince ShondronaiPosted 1/28/2013 1:55:56 PM
Why buy when I can get it for my birthday instead? That's not until July, but I've got so many video games to play, I won't be ready for another new one until then anyway.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.