Why are some of you not buying awakening?

#91Genericgamer667Posted 1/26/2013 9:46:37 PM
because I'm too stupid to play FE.

..I may get it though
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#92MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/27/2013 8:15:44 PM
king_darks posted...
@Mario fanatic. Asides from this being the most content rich FE excluding the DLC you have to understand what the term *Going gold* means. All the dlc was made after production of the main game was finished and was being mass produced. During this time the devs are free to work on other projects with Dlc being one. This is why its possible for day one dlc not being content with-held from the game.

As I already stated, even FREE DLC would have been a poor approach to the game, and they should have just withheld the release of the game until it was finished. If they have to extend production time until after the game is released, that's inarguable proof that it's an unfinished game.

Look at Sakurai's games; they're known for being some of the most content-rich games out there, often outpacing epic RPGs in terms of sheer content, and those don't need DLC. Could you imagine if Kid Icarus: Uprising followed a similar pattern? We'd have to pay seperately for the Viridi chapters, the Aurum chapters, the Chaos Kin chapters, and the Hades chapters. And probably about half the weapons wouldn't be unlockable without paying extra.

If you want to make more money, make another game (or at least a full expansion that you can get a physical copy of). Don't make a half-finished game, then charge for bits and pieces of what should have already been in there.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#93RocketZXbluePosted 1/27/2013 8:21:31 PM
i'm getting it, but I know one of my friends is NOT gonna get it (or he's gonna stupidly buy it and not play it after a day)
people who hate strategy RPGs will probably not get it.
and even if they do like them, a lot of people turned away from FE cause of the permanent deaths,
BUT since this game has an option to NOT have permanent deaths I guess that doesn't matter...
Disgaea will forever be my favorite SRPG though, and THAT'S a game you can BREAK ENDGAME, to prove my point on Disgaea 4 the last story boss (fear the great) on the highest enemy levels (SEB maxed) I hit him for 400x HIS MAX HP! and I didn't even rebirth yet!?
#94TerradriusPosted 1/27/2013 8:50:11 PM(edited)
MarioFanaticXV posted...
king_darks posted...
@Mario fanatic. Asides from this being the most content rich FE excluding the DLC you have to understand what the term *Going gold* means. All the dlc was made after production of the main game was finished and was being mass produced. During this time the devs are free to work on other projects with Dlc being one. This is why its possible for day one dlc not being content with-held from the game.

As I already stated, even FREE DLC would have been a poor approach to the game, and they should have just withheld the release of the game until it was finished. If they have to extend production time until after the game is released, that's inarguable proof that it's an unfinished game.

Look at Sakurai's games; they're known for being some of the most content-rich games out there, often outpacing epic RPGs in terms of sheer content, and those don't need DLC. Could you imagine if Kid Icarus: Uprising followed a similar pattern? We'd have to pay seperately for the Viridi chapters, the Aurum chapters, the Chaos Kin chapters, and the Hades chapters. And probably about half the weapons wouldn't be unlockable without paying extra.

If you want to make more money, make another game (or at least a full expansion that you can get a physical copy of). Don't make a half-finished game, then charge for bits and pieces of what should have already been in there.

Do you think that it isn't possible for a game to be fully finished, released, and then when reception for it is better than the developers expected, for them then to get the band back together and make a few more levels or an extra mode because the players just want more game to play, as they just loved the fully-finished game that released? Or would you just always have them make an expansion (or sequel) in that situation, rather than making DLC? (Nevermind the awkwardness of an expansion to a cartridge-based game...)

Also, I would buy the heck out of a few more Kid Icarus chapters or a co-op horde mode, and I definitely feel that they would make the game better overall, even though I do feel that what shipped was a fully-completed game.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#95PSI_IKEPosted 1/27/2013 9:12:39 PM
Fire Emblem's DLC isn't really like that. It isn't taking anything that should be in the game out, it just adds in fan service sorta stuff like characters from old games and stuff like that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#96king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:40:05 PM
Mario fanatic your paranoid bull is unfounded. I'm sorry but their is no correlation between game length and dlc and kid icarus is one of the worst examples to cite. Limited online options, lacking hades and other themed weapons, only 25 story chapters (Less then fire awakening) and a much pretty underused model (more dark pit exclusive chapters)? compare to awakening that has DOUBLE the chapters in addition to spotpass, street pass and skrmishes excluding dlc. Please don't assume what you don't know.
---
School days are back.
#97nintendoggerPosted 1/27/2013 11:04:26 PM
Because of you TC, because of you.
---
Rah.
#98king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:07:41 PM
nintendogger posted...
Because of you TC, because of you.

RAWR!
---
School days are back.
#99Tw1L1ghtSpaklePosted 1/27/2013 11:08:32 PM
Not intrested.
#100wurmtokenPosted 1/28/2013 2:38:57 AM(edited)
Unit Permadeath. I tried Sacred Stones because I got it as an ambassador and I actually really liked it. The only problem? "Oops a minor soldier died. Better start the entire mission over."

I could take weapons eventually breaking but units dying? Nope, just couldn't take it.