Why the hell is the original skylanders still 60$ new?

#1pikachupwnagePosted 1/25/2013 8:06:08 PM
Seriously. It looks like a fun game but no way would I pay 60$ for it.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#2BigDaddyWingnutPosted 1/25/2013 8:08:37 PM
Doesn't it come with the Portal of Power and some exclusive figures? I doubt the price will drop too much.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
A man is incomplete until he gets married. Then he's finished...
#3emagdnEPosted 1/25/2013 8:57:50 PM
but you'll pay $60 for anything made or published by Nintendo, and they don't come with a rather large accessory and I believe three figurines
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#4pbandjamesPosted 1/25/2013 9:00:26 PM
emagdnE posted...
but you'll pay $60 for anything made or published by Nintendo, and they don't come with a rather large accessory and I believe three figurines

Yes, but Nintendo doesn't make you pay over $150 to unlock all the content.
---
Game news is the best news.
#5pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:04:17 PM
emagdnE posted...

trololol
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#6legionofpancakePosted 1/25/2013 9:13:37 PM
Maybe it just sells well enough? I dunno, it took like five years for Twilight Princess to get a price drop.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#7ORANGE666Posted 1/25/2013 9:19:27 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
emagdnE posted...

trololol

And you're not trolling with this thread? What makes you think Skylanders shouldn't be $60? You didn't give a reason, I think a lot of games shouldn't be X dollars but I don't go around making threads bashing games like some pathetic troll because of its price.

Since we're on this topic, GTA 4 cost $100 million to produce (most of any game) and sold for $60. Super Mario Bros U probably cost less than a million to produce and sold for $60. We might as well say any game that doesn't have a massive budget isn't worth full price. But that won't matter. Because the consumer will buy what they want at any price.
#8pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:24:12 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
emagdnE posted...

trololol

And you're not trolling with this thread? What makes you think Skylanders shouldn't be $60? You didn't give a reason, I think a lot of games shouldn't be X dollars but I don't go around making threads bashing games like some pathetic troll because of its price.

Since we're on this topic, GTA 4 cost $100 million to produce (most of any game) and sold for $60. Super Mario Bros U probably cost less than a million to produce and sold for $60. We might as well say any game that doesn't have a massive budget isn't worth full price. But that won't matter. Because the consumer will buy what they want at any price.

What bashing?

"It looks like a fun game but no way would I pay 60$ for it."

Real intense bashing going on here. Trolled the Skylander fans real good didn't I?
---
#9ORANGE666Posted 1/25/2013 9:36:52 PM
pikachupwnage posted...

What bashing?

"It looks like a fun game but no way would I pay 60$ for it."

Real intense bashing going on here. Trolled the Skylander fans real good didn't I?

It's obvious you're baiting. Skylanders is the greeaaaaaaaaaaatest game ever! Too bad its overpriced!

If I was a Skylander fanboy, I would destroy your thread. There's no need to put down a game just because you're in a dire financial situation, because you spent all your allowance buying games even more overpriced than Skylanders.
#101GATORFANPosted 1/25/2013 9:42:09 PM
I bought it for my son at sears who was having a close out sell and all their game stuff was like 70% off

The new Skylander with portal and figures was like $28-$30