I know I'm late to the game but Cave Story.....just wow.

#1BatenKait0sPosted 1/26/2013 5:57:06 AM
What a fantasic eShop game. How does the 3D game hold up?

Can we ever expect a sequel?
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)
#2kukingina2Posted 1/26/2013 5:59:55 AM
there's a spiritual successor to the game coming soon in the eshop called "ikachan"
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3DarkIVloonPosted 1/26/2013 6:03:52 AM
not the same company but VVVVVV is a great game too if you haven't tryed it yet.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#4pikachupwnagePosted 1/26/2013 6:05:13 AM
kukingina2 posted...
there's a spiritual successor to the game coming soon in the eshop called "ikachan"

Ikachan came before cave story you know.....
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#5BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:05:57 AM
DarkIVloon posted...
not the same company but VVVVVV is a great game too if you haven't tryed it yet.

That's also a platformer, right? I heard the difficulty was brutal, but I'd still enjoy the challenge.
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)
#6DarkIVloonPosted 1/26/2013 6:08:02 AM
yes it is a platformer that is suppose to play and look like a Commodore64 game. I grew up on c64 so it pulls at my heart strings :)

There are some tough spots but nothing that cant be overcome and you will have fun dying. It even has a death counter.... I think i died 517 times before i beat the game :)
---
#7GenoPosted 1/26/2013 6:09:27 AM
If you're just now getting into Cave Story, you're not just late, my friend. The game has ended decades ago and you're just now showing up to the ballpark set to enjoy a great game.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#8BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:10:22 AM
DarkIVloon posted...
yes it is a platformer that is suppose to play and look like a Commodore64 game. I grew up on c64 so it pulls at my heart strings :)

There are some tough spots but nothing that cant be overcome and you will have fun dying. It even has a death counter.... I think i died 517 times before i beat the game :)

Wow, that sounds amazingly old school. My platforming began in the NES days. I cherish the days of dying dozens upon dozens of times in a platformer, to achieve that incredible sense of accomplishment.
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS); Cave Story (DS)
#9kukingina2Posted 1/26/2013 6:12:00 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
kukingina2 posted...

Ikachan came before cave story you know.....

ahhh I see good to know
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#10DarkIVloonPosted 1/26/2013 6:13:12 AM
BatenKait0s posted...
DarkIVloon posted...

Wow, that sounds amazingly old school. My platforming began in the NES days. I cherish the days of dying dozens upon dozens of times in a platformer, to achieve that incredible sense of accomplishment.

The game has it's fair share of unlockables too and you can play through it a 2nd time with the whole world inverted so It's got it's fair share of replayability and I think it will be totally worth it if for you. Maybe check out a gameplay video to be sure though since it is 7.99

Hope you enjoy it, i enjoyed Cave Story very much and played this one right after and they are both amazing games.
---