What are your expectations for Super Smash Bros 3DS?

#1EternalNetherPosted 1/26/2013 8:04:53 AM
What are some must haves for you to buy the game?

For some, like myself, there doesn't need to be a reason to buy it. It's Smash Bros. But I know others have certain things they want to see in the game before they decide to fork over money for it.

So what do you want to see? Specific characters, courses, items, mechanics, etc....
#2RayzerTagPosted 1/26/2013 8:09:31 AM
Decent balance* and smooth online multiplayer are all I need.

*For a Smash game, of course.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#3NeonYoshi11Posted 1/27/2013 2:17:59 AM
* Customized characters = more costume options. More color options. Actual different costumes instead of just color change.

* Level Creator

* Hand-held themed characters specific to the 3DS. = Hopefully Andy from Advance Wars

* 40% different soundtrack compared to the Wii U version.

* RPG like abilities to level up characters during at least one Game Mode Type.

* 25-30 characters

* Create a Character !!!
#4Dark_Link92Posted 1/27/2013 2:21:34 AM
Not very good. Too small screen, not many/not interesting newcomers, a lot of cut content due to lack of storage space. I think it should've been canned in favour of making the Wii U version better. In fact, I expected that to happen.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#5LightHawKnightPosted 1/27/2013 2:22:30 AM
Hitoshura.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 2:28:38 AM
I don't really get how it's going to work on a small screen.

Ideally the camera would be zoomed in more simply because you're only worrying about one character... but then that's going to tunnel vision you if there's 3+ other fighters in the stage... So will everything just be tiny?
#7Dark_Link92Posted 1/27/2013 2:30:22 AM
This is one game where it would be interesting if they built it to the XL's resolution rather than just enlarging it. They wouldn't do that of course, but it would be cool if they did.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#8melchiahdimPosted 1/27/2013 2:30:53 AM
Just for it to be fun.

Never been the biggest Smash Bros fan to be honest. I always buy them, but rarely play because of my mediocre skills.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#9NeonYoshi11Posted 1/27/2013 2:33:15 AM
It's going to be bundled with the Special Edition XL and is going to be an XL system seller for Nintendo.

That is how it's going to work.

or at least that is what I think.

There will be more than 1 mode.

There will be a focus on the single player more than the multiplayer in this game.

So think leveling up for characters and earning moves or earning other things and customizing and then taking those characters and using them on the Wii U version.

3DS version will have Multiplayer as well but it won't be as populated as the Wii U version of the game.

This way we get our hand-held "on the go " experience along with the regular Smash brothers experience.

* The best part for us.......

- It let's them experiment with 2 games instead of 1. This means that can try out a bunch of stuff that wouldn't have made it into the Wii U version, but still might be fun.

So yea it's a good thing there are two versions and they will definitely Both be worth purchasing for very different reasons.
#10Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/27/2013 3:24:36 AM
I just want the high difficulty back, but even then, they have to put some hellish efforts into the game to make me buy it.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans