3DS games are so expensive :(

#41hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:27:26 AM
ares9090 posted...
Dump your GF, problem solved

We split the cost of rent, utilities, gas, etc. Not only do I not want to dump her because I care for her, but we'd have to break our lease--which is something like $1300.

Sometimes I think GFAQs is full of kids who have never seen a bill in their lives :(
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#42PokeMasterPosted 1/27/2013 8:39:05 AM
hedgylove posted...
ares9090 posted...

We split the cost of rent, utilities, gas, etc. Not only do I not want to dump her because I care for her, but we'd have to break our lease--which is something like $1300.

Sometimes I think GFAQs is full of kids who have never seen a bill in their lives :(

I pay all my own bills, work full-time hours, and still consider a $40 game cheap. I still own only 11 retail games since 2011, and I've gotten at least 40-50 hours from each of them.

Just buy the games that will give you the most for your money, instead of buying every game that comes out. I'm not going to buy another retail game until October because I have other priorities and have just organised a holiday (Beach-front apartment here I come!)
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#43OoSubaruoOPosted 1/27/2013 8:44:05 AM
hedgylove posted...
ares9090 posted...

It was a joke dude, chill out.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#44DonomegaPosted 1/27/2013 8:48:05 AM
All games are expensive and sometimes we don't even get a 100% game :(

I remember when they boasted games on CD/DVD would be significantly less expensive then cart based games. Sure!
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#45ZenithianHeroPosted 1/27/2013 8:48:54 AM
Pricing is fine. It is usually just many games coming out you have to prioritize.
#46Akira502002Posted 1/27/2013 8:58:03 AM
hedgylove posted...
I still don't have any 3DS games even though I've had a 3DS for awhile. I just can't afford them. Paper Mario, Virtue's Last Reward, OOT, Theatrythm, and Tales of the Abyss...the last 2 are $30, the rest are still $40. Even on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to so much, like Pokemon X, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing, but I just have no cash. I would stave myself for a bit to save, but then my girlfriend would just spend more grocery money, which she can't do either.

Sigh...I might even take the plunge if someone would do B2G1, but I've seen nothing in the way of deals lately. Anyone else luck?

THANK YOU! I'm a similar boat myself, just got an XL this week and surprised how expensive the games still are. I got NSMB2 and FF Theatrhytm when I bought it, but wanted to get Legend of Zelda and its still $40!
---
PSN: senbonzakura713
#47ZanimarPosted 1/27/2013 9:09:28 AM
Have you ever owned a home console? Seriously do you own one or is the 3DS the first and only system you ever owned? Also are you at a full time or part time job, what are you're living conditions, what all bills do you have, etc., etc.?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you managed to get a 3DS (which is quite a bit more expensive than the games sold for it) and yet magically now can't afford any of the "expensive" games for it. I mean I don't make a lot of money either, about $1200 a month, but I still manage to budget my income so that I always have enough for bills, food, and can even afford to buy quite a few games, consoles, clothes, basically anything I could want, I can afford so long as I take my time to budget and make sure I'm only spending only the amount I need and get just enough to last to next check rather than just frivolously spend it and end up having spent too much on something that could of had less spent on it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#48SkyminxyzPosted 1/27/2013 9:21:02 AM
Zanimar posted...
Have you ever owned a home console? Seriously do you own one or is the 3DS the first and only system you ever owned? Also are you at a full time or part time job, what are you're living conditions, what all bills do you have, etc., etc.?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you managed to get a 3DS (which is quite a bit more expensive than the games sold for it) and yet magically now can't afford any of the "expensive" games for it. I mean I don't make a lot of money either, about $1200 a month, but I still manage to budget my income so that I always have enough for bills, food, and can even afford to buy quite a few games, consoles, clothes, basically anything I could want, I can afford so long as I take my time to budget and make sure I'm only spending only the amount I need and get just enough to last to next check rather than just frivolously spend it and end up having spent too much on something that could of had less spent on it.

Eh, to be fair almost every (non psn only) PS3 game lowers to like $20-28 bucks in about 3months. So when you compare that to 3DS games from 2011 still being full price...
Cause seriously there's almost no 3ds game that's actually worth full price (Ex: MTO/ NSMB2), and it sucks that I can actually have a tough time finding a good one for $25.

Doesn't help that most online auction sites these days usually end up bidding higher than the price you could get even form a GameStop. To top it all off GS tends to be "Sold Out" of any game that is actually kinda cheap used (even on their online site) EX: Cave Story 3d. Tales of the abyss, Theatrhythm , etc.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#49nonexistingheroPosted 1/27/2013 9:46:51 AM
American complaining about 3DS game prices...

Meanwhile, Europe pays 40 to 50 for new 3DS games.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#50SkyminxyzPosted 1/27/2013 10:12:25 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
American complaining about 3DS game prices...

Meanwhile, Europe pays 40 to 50 for new 3DS games.

Like somebody already said in this topic...

Just because other places make you cost more for games, shouldn't mean American's don't have the "right" to still complain of the price of games that we still have to pay.
Personally idc if somebody gotta pay over $70 for a game, but that still doesn't mean it's "okay" to fork over "only $40" for games that aren't even that good either.

Now TC has a job, so I'm not gonna defend him or anything, but just saying despite Americans pay less for games in total, doesn't mean their still not expensive.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.