3DS games are so expensive :(

#51IknowKungFuPosted 1/27/2013 11:07:51 AM
Wait for a price drop. A few years back I didn't have much money either but now I do. I wait for price drops on most games. For example, Assassins Creed is a great game but not for 60. If you wait 2 months it drops to 30. Same is true for 3DS games, I picked up NSMB2 for 30 a week after it launched.

Some people go see movies in theaters for 10 a ticket and some wait to rent them for 3. Its a cost benefit analysis
---
Go Fist Yourself
#52nonexistingheroPosted 1/27/2013 11:10:21 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
American complaining about 3DS game prices...

Meanwhile, Europe pays 40 to 50 for new 3DS games.

Like somebody already said in this topic...

Just because other places make you cost more for games, shouldn't mean American's don't have the "right" to still complain of the price of games that we still have to pay.
Personally idc if somebody gotta pay over $70 for a game, but that still doesn't mean it's "okay" to fork over "only $40" for games that aren't even that good either.

Now TC has a job, so I'm not gonna defend him or anything, but just saying despite Americans pay less for games in total, doesn't mean their still not expensive.

But they're really not that expensive. Yes, high-profile 3DS games are more expensive than DS games. They also look a lot better than DS games in general and cost a lot more to make. And there's still a good amount of 3rd party titles that are launching at $30, which is the same as the DS.

$40 for 3DS games is more than reasonable, IMO.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#53WizardofHothPosted 1/27/2013 11:19:53 AM
But I still wont pay 35-40 bucks for a 5 year old Nintendo DS game.

If Shopko would really mark down that Blue Dragon DS game to 9.99 then I would buy it.
#54nonexistingheroPosted 1/27/2013 11:21:32 AM
Lol, a few weeks ago I saw Super Mario 64 DS for 40.
---
#55SkyminxyzPosted 1/27/2013 11:22:29 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
American complaining about 3DS game prices...

Meanwhile, Europe pays 40 to 50 for new 3DS games.

Like somebody already said in this topic...

Just because other places make you cost more for games, shouldn't mean American's don't have the "right" to still complain of the price of games that we still have to pay.
Personally idc if somebody gotta pay over $70 for a game, but that still doesn't mean it's "okay" to fork over "only $40" for games that aren't even that good either.

Now TC has a job, so I'm not gonna defend him or anything, but just saying despite Americans pay less for games in total, doesn't mean their still not expensive.

But they're really not that expensive. Yes, high-profile 3DS games are more expensive than DS games. They also look a lot better than DS games in general and cost a lot more to make. And there's still a good amount of 3rd party titles that are launching at $30, which is the same as the DS.

$40 for 3DS games is more than reasonable, IMO.

Yeah if games like KI:U, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: DM & FE:A were basically the only $40 games around for 3ds I wouldn't really care. AS those kind of games are more than reasonable.

However once games like: NSMB2, MTO, CaveStory3d (At launch it was actually 40, but now like 30), SF643d (again good game but not worth full price), and even that soon to be released Naruto game are one's that should be around $30, and maybe like 25 online.
Heck despite I'll get it week one, it's debatable if even the PMD game in March should be worth full price or not xD.

Btw I 'm glad that you didn't "freak-out" on me and gave a very reasonable response.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#56SkyminxyzPosted 1/27/2013 11:30:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 1/27/2013 11:31:59 AM
Games are expensive because so many ppl buy it day one instead of waiting. If everyone in the world waited for price drops just ONE holiday season, it mite make publishers rethink their strategy.

And also it is outrageous how highly priced u europeans have to pay, i dont know the exchange rate tho so it mite not be as bad as u make it seem.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#58pokemonmaster0Posted 1/27/2013 1:49:05 PM
Skyminxyz posted...
Zanimar posted...
Have you ever owned a home console? Seriously do you own one or is the 3DS the first and only system you ever owned? Also are you at a full time or part time job, what are you're living conditions, what all bills do you have, etc., etc.?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you managed to get a 3DS (which is quite a bit more expensive than the games sold for it) and yet magically now can't afford any of the "expensive" games for it. I mean I don't make a lot of money either, about $1200 a month, but I still manage to budget my income so that I always have enough for bills, food, and can even afford to buy quite a few games, consoles, clothes, basically anything I could want, I can afford so long as I take my time to budget and make sure I'm only spending only the amount I need and get just enough to last to next check rather than just frivolously spend it and end up having spent too much on something that could of had less spent on it.

Eh, to be fair almost every (non psn only) PS3 game lowers to like $20-28 bucks in about 3months. So when you compare that to 3DS games from 2011 still being full price...
Cause seriously there's almost no 3ds game that's actually worth full price (Ex: MTO/ NSMB2), and it sucks that I can actually have a tough time finding a good one for $25.

Doesn't help that most online auction sites these days usually end up bidding higher than the price you could get even form a GameStop. To top it all off GS tends to be "Sold Out" of any game that is actually kinda cheap used (even on their online site) EX: Cave Story 3d. Tales of the abyss, Theatrhythm , etc.

Yeah this is the bigger issue, they don't cost that much but their prices never freakin go down unless you buy used (and even that doesn't seem to save much yet, but give it some time). Most pc games these days will be down to 30-40 within 2-3 months (even less if the game sold poorly) thanks to sales, so even though they start more you can easily get them for less.
#59ARsignal11Posted 1/27/2013 1:54:35 PM
www.cheapassgamer.com

TC, this site will become your new best friend.
#60nonexistingheroPosted 1/27/2013 2:14:35 PM(edited)
Skyminxyz posted...
Yeah if games like KI:U, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: DM & FE:A were basically the only $40 games around for 3ds I wouldn't really care. AS those kind of games are more than reasonable.

However once games like: NSMB2, MTO, CaveStory3d (At launch it was actually 40, but now like 30), SF643d (again good game but not worth full price), and even that soon to be released Naruto game are one's that should be around $30, and maybe like 25 online.
Heck despite I'll get it week one, it's debatable if even the PMD game in March should be worth full price or not xD.

Btw I 'm glad that you didn't "freak-out" on me and gave a very reasonable response.

It's because I cuddled last night... maybe. Or something. I'm in the best mood I've had in months.

For smart, observant and patient shoppers it's always possible to get games a decent amount cheaper within a year from launch. Even those 1st party games that never tend to drop in price, but actually don't sell that well, will have excellent deals in certain stores (even online).

Most other games much quicker though. After 2-3 months you can get most console games for $40 new at best. And after 6 or so months you may be able to find them for $20 or less new.
---