Any Games I might have overlooked?

#1tehponycornPosted 1/26/2013 5:46:51 PM
Okay, I'm either thinking of buying a 3DS game, or 40$ Eshop Money. (Same value) Nintendo doesn't have that much coming out that wows me, except Fire Emblem Awakening and maybe Pokemon X and Y.

If I get a 3DS game, I'm thinking about getting a Shin Megami Tensai game (Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem is coming out and looks interesting.) But which one should I get? Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers? Also, does Soul Hackers have the anime cutscenes? If not, that's a major blow IMO. So, any other good games?

Or should I just go for 40$ Eshop Money. I'd probably use 30-25 for games and 10-15 for DLC for Fire Emblem. But, anyways, what games should I get on the Eshop if I go for the Eshop Money? I'm thinking maybe getting Dillon's Rolling Western, but I don't know.

So, should I get the 3DS game of the Eshop Money?

If I get the 3DS game, which one?

If I get the Eshop Money, what games should I get?

Thanks in advance. :)
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#2Fr33zPosted 1/26/2013 5:49:50 PM
tehponycorn posted...
Okay, I'm either thinking of buying a 3DS game, or 40$ Eshop Money. (Same value) Nintendo doesn't have that much coming out that wows me, except Fire Emblem Awakening and maybe Pokemon X and Y.

If I get a 3DS game, I'm thinking about getting a Shin Megami Tensai game (Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem is coming out and looks interesting.) But which one should I get? Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers? Also, does Soul Hackers have the anime cutscenes? If not, that's a major blow IMO. So, any other good games?

Or should I just go for 40$ Eshop Money. I'd probably use 30-25 for games and 10-15 for DLC for Fire Emblem. But, anyways, what games should I get on the Eshop if I go for the Eshop Money? I'm thinking maybe getting Dillon's Rolling Western, but I don't know.

SMT x FE is WiiU not 3DS btw. Cant comment on either SMT though since I have yet to play them. Your eShop plan seems like a good idea though, especially if you want the FE DLC.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#3jedinatPosted 1/26/2013 5:51:03 PM
Get Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning on the eshop.
#4MetalLokiPosted 1/26/2013 5:55:22 PM
Sadly Soul Hackers does have some anime cutscenes but honestly if you going into SMT with the idea that it's anime then you should just play persona.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#5jedinatPosted 1/26/2013 5:59:37 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Sadly Soul Hackers does have some anime cutscenes but honestly if you going into SMT with the idea that it's anime then you should just play persona.

People who "don't like anime" are just plain ignorant. It's like saying you don't like movies. Or books. Or any other medium. You may not like Naruto or whatever other crappy anime you've seen, but don't dismiss the medium just because of stupid prejudice.
#6Dinoman96Posted 1/26/2013 6:01:09 PM
Thinking of trying Kid Icarus Uprising?
---
wargle gargle
#7tehponycorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:02:19 PM
Fr33z posted...
tehponycorn posted...

SMT x FE is WiiU not 3DS btw. Cant comment on either SMT though since I have yet to play them. Your eShop plan seems like a good idea though, especially if you want the FE DLC.

Yeah, I know that.

jedinat said

I'm not into life sims like that and animal crossing. I want fast-paced action.
---
#8jedinatPosted 1/26/2013 6:04:30 PM
tehponycorn posted...
jedinat said

I'm not into life sims like that and animal crossing. I want fast-paced action.

Then maybe do the eshop thing and include Cave Story among the games you get. It looks especially good if you've got an XL.
#9MetalLokiPosted 1/26/2013 6:06:14 PM
jedinat posted...
MetalLoki posted...

People who "don't like anime" are just plain ignorant. It's like saying you don't like movies. Or books. Or any other medium. You may not like Naruto or whatever other crappy anime you've seen, but don't dismiss the medium just because of stupid prejudice.

I didn't say I don't like anime, the thing is that it looks bad in the none persona games because that's not what they're going for. Have you seen the cutscenes for Soul Hackers or are you just looking to argue?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#10tehponycorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:07:41 PM
Dinoman96 posted...
Thinking of trying Kid Icarus Uprising?

Double Post?

Played It, Loved it. I've also played/have: Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, KH3D: Dream Drop Distance, Star Fox 3D, Cave Story 3D, Tetris Axis, Lego Star Wars The Clone Wars, and Street Fighter 3D.
---