3DS needs a Metroidvania type game.

#11wiiking96Posted 1/26/2013 8:59:59 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Racism against non-japanese games?

Does the fact that I like Bananas better than any other fruit also make me racist?

That isn't nearly the same thing.

You're just like people who only buy American products. It's not full blown lets hog tie them and put a rope around their neck and drag them from a truck racism, but it's still racism.

The definitions of "racism"
1. "The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as..."
2. "Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief."

lol no, it's not racism in the slightest.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12themegaman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:11:09 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Racism against non-japanese games?

Does the fact that I like Bananas better than any other fruit also make me racist?

That isn't nearly the same thing.

You're just like people who only buy American products. It's not full blown lets hog tie them and put a rope around their neck and drag them from a truck racism, but it's still racism.

I buy non japanese games less, because on the 16 years I've gamed, I can count the really good (Which I would rate 8/10 or more) non-japanese games with 2 hands.
1. Secret of Evermore
2. Eternal Darkness
3. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Donkey Kong Country
6. Donkey Kong 64
7. Mortal Kombat 2011
8. Ratchet & Clank 1
whereas with japanese games I would probably need at least ten. So considering how much higher success rate japanese games have had in being enjoyable to me, can you really call me racist for wanting a product which I will most likely end up liking better?
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#13Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 1/26/2013 9:11:40 PM
Lol @ racism and ppl not knowing what it is. Unless ur all trolls, in which case, lol anyway.

Nothin wrong with that tc, if u prefer that style then thats on u. I personally couldnt care who develops(with the exception of shady companies) a game, if i like it, i like it.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 1/26/2013 9:11:55 PM
2. "Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief."

His prejudice is directed at non-Japanese game devs whom he finds inferior. It's racism.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15n00bsaib0tPosted 1/26/2013 9:26:54 PM
I buy non japanese games less, because on the 16 years I've gamed, I can count the really good (Which I would rate 8/10 or more) non-japanese games with 2 hands.
*SNIP*
whereas with japanese games I would probably need at least ten. So considering how much higher success rate japanese games have had in being enjoyable to me, can you really call me racist for wanting a product which I will most likely end up liking better?

You are aware that just because a game is made by a Japanese owned company it doesn't mean the devs are Japanese, right? Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, for example, was done entirely by Capcom's American branch (as was Puzzle Fighter HD Remix). The best home Dance Dance Revolution games were done by Konami Computer Entertainment Hawaii, but Konami itself is a Japanese owned company. There are probably a ton of examples for popular franchises where certain titles were done by an American branch, despite the company being Japan based. I'm sure there are plenty more examples, but I pretty much just play Mega Man, Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Zelda and rhythm games.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#16themegaman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:37:49 PM(edited)
^Of course I know that. Secret of Evermore, which I listed, was made by Squaresoft USA studio for example. But, what's your point?

E: I also just noticed, I forgot to put Diddy Kong Racing in my list.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#17CircleOfManiasPosted 1/26/2013 9:36:49 PM
There's Fluidity: Spin Cycle, the first one was a good Metroidvania, and I can't imagine they would throw that away for the sequel...oh, right.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#18wiiking96Posted 1/26/2013 9:43:43 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

His prejudice is directed at non-Japanese game devs whom he finds inferior. It's racism.

He doesn't not like non-Japenese devs, just the games. He just prefers games made by Japanese devs.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 1/26/2013 9:49:34 PM
^Of course I know that. Secret of Evermore, which I listed, was made by Squaresoft USA studio for example. But, what's your point?

That a lot of people think games made by American devs are made by Japanese ones because they just see the name of a Japanese company. Another one that comes to mind was people talking about how crazy Japanese devs could make any game work on a GBA when Street Fighter Alpha 3 was ported, but it was ported by an American company, one of the devs even posted on these forums at the time the game was released.

n00bsaib0t posted...

He doesn't not like non-Japenese devs, just the games. He just prefers games made by Japanese devs.

Finding an entire race to be inferior in any way is racism. He basically says that no one can make games like Japanese people. Saying American devs are inferior at game making is like saying Jewish people have no rhythm. It's not violent, and it's just words, but it's still racism.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#20deimos91Posted 1/26/2013 9:54:52 PM
themegaman7 posted...
deimos91 posted...
themegaman7 posted...
I don't care if it's Metroid, Castlevania or something completely different, as long as it's made by a japanese dev I'm good.

Racist

Nothing to do with racism, I just prefer japanese games. Nothing wrong with that?

ok lol
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951