Is there a good chance to see the Zelda Oracle games on the VC?

#1TheSmartBlondePosted 1/26/2013 9:35:23 PM
Minish Cap too. They are the only Zelda games I never played. Not counting the CD-I games of course.
#2KneekickerPosted 1/26/2013 11:47:53 PM
TheSmartBlonde posted...
Minish Cap too. They are the only Zelda games I never played. Not counting the CD-I games of course.

If you were an ambassador you could have gotten Minish Cap, otherwise you'll probably have to wait a year or two.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 1/27/2013 1:02:27 AM
Probably not, looking at the released games and the rate of releases.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4pariah164Posted 1/27/2013 1:09:20 AM
I think maybe the issue with the Oracle games may rest in Capcom's court...
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#5XMonkeySniperXPosted 1/27/2013 1:09:28 AM
^That pretty much. I'd expect to see those games about when the 4DS comes out.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#6Vegito15243Posted 1/27/2013 1:25:15 AM
Despite the games being developed by Capcom; Nintendo still holds the rights to the games. However; Nintendo probably doesn't want any legal issues so these games probably won't see the light of day on any eShop.

Same thing with Donkey Kong 64 not appearing on the Wii shop channel; Rare developed the game but Nintendo has the rights to it but because they don't want any legal issues won't release it.

Which is a damn shame because these games are certainly classics
---
Gamertag: Vegito15243.
3DS Friend Code: (Vegito) 0688 -5253-6669
#7Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/27/2013 4:02:25 AM
The chances shouldn't be all that low, especially since the link cable isn't required to get the extended adventures - but as others already stated, Capcom might be in the way of a clean release.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#8WickedSickJoshPosted 1/27/2013 9:40:28 AM
It shouldn't be a problem. I mean, it's not like Capcom and Nintendo are on bad terms.

With the Donkey Kong 64 situation it's speculated it never got rereleased for several reasons. First off, there was the Jetpac game within the game that Nintendo might need to get the rights from. The game also includes the original Donkey Kong and since the VC has existed Nintendo doesn't seem to keen on releasing games that have free access to other games that they already have for sale. DK64 I
Was also developed by Rare, which is now a Microsoft first-party developer (though Rare has stated that they don't own any part of the game, which makes sense considering we got other DKC games). And last but not least, the file size might have been too big. Lame I know but Nintendo has a limit on how big file sizes can be.
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#9Blaze627Posted 1/27/2013 9:53:38 AM
Capcom having developed the Oracle games has no bearing on a Virtual Console release. Nintendo flat out owns the games, and Capcom doesn't have a say in it either way. Remember, Minish Cap was made available to ambassadors, and that was Capcom developed as well.

The game also includes the original Donkey Kong and since the VC has existed Nintendo doesn't seem to keen on releasing games that have free access to other games that they already have for sale.

If I'm not mistaken, the issues with the original Donkey Kong stem from the fact that Nintendo doesn't actually own the code for the original arcade version of the game, which is why nearly every single port/re-release of the game was of the NES port.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#10Blackfire210Posted 1/27/2013 10:12:47 AM
XMonkeySniperX posted...
^That pretty much. I'd expect to see those games about when the 4DS comes out.

Featuring Smell-O-Vision!
---
Number of people with stupid counter sigs I have encountered: 4