Is there a good chance to see the Zelda Oracle games on the VC?

#11melbye80Posted 1/27/2013 10:58:58 AM
I am surprised they aren't been released yet, really weird
#12Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:31 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
It shouldn't be a problem. I mean, it's not like Capcom and Nintendo are on bad terms.

Certainly not, but Capcom is greedy as hell and (since 2010/11) infamous for making dumb decisions - though I simply think Nintendo didn't hear the bell yet.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#13bcorneliaPosted 2/1/2013 2:38:45 PM
I don't think that Capcom actually has any meaningful stake in the Oracle games. Nintendo bought up the people who made those games, anyways.
---
My old account got better.
#14adampeltzPosted 2/1/2013 2:52:30 PM
bcornelia posted...
I don't think that Capcom actually has any meaningful stake in the Oracle games. Nintendo bought up the people who made those games, anyways.

Even if Nintendo owns the games, there could be contractual royalty fees to work out. Plus, Nintendo might not own every portion of the game assets. It depends on how they negotiated the contract with Capcom during development.

I think royalty fees are why Nintendo removed Donkey Kong Country from the Wii VC Store even though they owned Rare who developed it. It's also why Retro can make a sequel to that series but can't use all the same enemy characters (because those characters are probably owned by Rare).

But this is all speculation on my part. Heck, I've never even played Donkey Kong Country.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#15SMASHKING84Posted 2/1/2013 2:55:26 PM
there's a 99.999% we will see the oracles on 3ds vc minish cap? maybe 5%
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."
#16bcorneliaPosted 2/1/2013 3:46:08 PM
adampeltz posted...
I think royalty fees are why Nintendo removed Donkey Kong Country from the Wii VC Store even though they owned Rare who developed it. It's also why Retro can make a sequel to that series but can't use all the same enemy characters (because those characters are probably owned by Rare).

But this is all speculation on my part. Heck, I've never even played Donkey Kong Country.

Yeah, that's pretty clear. Nintendo has full rights over the characters in those games. The decision to not include characters like the Kremlings in Returns was just that: a decision.
---
My old account got better.
#17adampeltzPosted 2/3/2013 12:28:06 PM
bcornelia posted...
adampeltz posted...

Yeah, that's pretty clear. Nintendo has full rights over the characters in those games. The decision to not include characters like the Kremlings in Returns was just that: a decision.

How do you know Nintendo owns "full rights" over the characters in those games? Where's your proof?
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#18BlueBombei2Posted 2/3/2013 12:29:31 PM
Minish Cap no. Nintendo has stated many times they have no desire to release GBA games onto the 3DS. Oracle of Ages/Seasons I think is an issue with Capcom not Nintendo.
#19pikachupwnagePosted 2/3/2013 12:55:08 PM
Nearly 100%
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#20emayerPosted 2/3/2013 3:13:02 PM
adampeltz posted...

How do you know Nintendo owns "full rights" over the characters in those games? Where's your proof?

DK: King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast, and Mario Super Sluggers are all post-Rare games that have made use of the extended Kong family, K. Rool, and the Kremlings. They're Nintendo's characters.