Is there going to be a new 3DS model?

#11jedinatPosted 1/26/2013 10:41:35 PM(edited)
Razieru posted...
There needs to be; and I'm sure there will be. Aside from there being three revisions of the DS, there are just too many things that prevent the 3DS XL from being credible, let alone the definitive version of the 3DS:

> brightness butchery
> dire sound quality
> Fisher Price build (cheap)
> DS games' resolution

^ With that said, I'm still trying to figure out how it amounts to $200....

My XL at least has perfect brightness. It's actually less "yellow" than my regular 3DS was, and while yeah it doesn't get as bright on max, I have some respect for my eyes and could never handle the regular 3DS on higher than the middle notch.

The sound quality isn't quite as good but it's far from dire.

The build quality is about the same as far as I can tell.

There's nothing they can do about the DS game resolution. Unless they implemented a really good hardware filter or something. Still wouldn't look as good. What they should have done is given the 3DS exactly double the pixel height as the DS right from the beginning. Then it should have up-converted perfectly.
#12RazieruPosted 1/26/2013 10:48:18 PM
jedinat posted...

My XL at least has perfect brightness. It's actually less "yellow" than my regular 3DS was, and while yeah it doesn't get as bright on max, I have some respect for my eyes and could never handle the regular 3DS on higher than the middle notch.

It's a lucky dip basically. The same goes for the DS.

The sound quality isn't quite as good but it's far from dire.

I'd say it is. I actually tested this out. Certain notes from certain types of audio really can't be heard at all. Two examples I tested that prove this is: Sky Arrow Bridge of Pokemon Black/White, and New Super Mario Bros. 2's volcano theme (leaf beat) from a Gamestop's demo model.

The build quality is about the same as far as I can tell.

Nope, it's cheaper than usual; hence the "Fisher Price" description.

There's nothing they can do about the DS game resolution.

Sad, but true. Well, they could offer a mode or modes where the system would adjust its resolution(s) depending on whether a DS or 3DS game is being played WITHOUT needing to shrink the image at all and that blur filter.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#13Mariofan15Posted 1/26/2013 11:13:39 PM
Is there going to be a new 3DS model or is the XL considered to be the "new" model (like the DS Lite)?

For the last ****ing time,the XL is the new model.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924