If you had to give up one of these popular Nintendo series, which would it be?

#61Second_ChancesPosted 1/27/2013 12:56:24 PM
Metroid because it's already deaaaaaaaad

Otherwise probably Zelda
#62LyokoNinjaPosted 1/27/2013 12:59:52 PM
I've not played Metroid enough to consider it, I love Pokemon too much to let it go, and Smash Bros and Zelda are too good to pass up as well. Mario would go if I had to choose. I suck at platforming anyway, so...
---
"I've seen tons of people who love the old Pokemon and burn the new
ones on the stake, but I've actually never seen the opposite =/" - JoJoX200
#63Carbuncle009Posted 1/27/2013 12:59:58 PM
Mario, because I suck at platforming.
:/
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 6 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#64SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/27/2013 1:11:57 PM(edited)
Metroid. I played a grand total of 0 games of that series (though I must add I did like Samus in Super Smash Bros on the N64... but not in Melee, and never played Brawl), so I wouldn't miss anything.
#65RabitePosted 1/27/2013 1:22:26 PM
Mario. Simply because I haven't enjoyed one of them since SML2 (unless you consider Wario Land a Mario game). NSMB was an utter disappointment. I hate 3D platformers. Yoshi's Island did nothing for me. Though Zelda was a close second on my list to omit.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#66FefnirOmega13Posted 1/27/2013 1:25:59 PM
Zelda. Never really saw what all the fuss was about anyway, if I'm honest...
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#67NitharadPosted 1/27/2013 1:45:07 PM
Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

Mario because ... there's no reason to it anymore. It's the same thing over and over again. Innovation is a real rarity ... and that's sad, because the Mario series once stood for innovation. Mario Bros 1 ... saved the industry ... Mario Bros 3 ... finest NES Game of them all ... Mario Land, not from Shigeru himself but it was "fresh" ... Mario World, amazing game, so many new elements. Mario World 2 (Yoshis Island), perfection compressed into a cartridge ... Mario 64, revolutionzed the whole 3D platforming.
And what have Mario done since then ? Going back to his roots, again ... and again ... and again.

Zelda because ... it's the same as with Mario. There's rarely something truly new to it, and recent games have been dumbed down and streamlined. I mean, I love Twilight Princess, but it still is a clone of OoT. And OoT is one of the most overrated games of all time, sure it is a masterpiece, but it's not the super-perfect game everyone makes it out to be.

Metroid ... this is actually the series with the most hope. Metroid Prime 1-3 were good games with ridiculous backtracking and padding, but there was something at least. Other M was a disaster that has to "cool off" before we get a new Metroid. But what are the chances we get a truly new 2D Metroid ? Because that's something that hasn't been done enough ... yet.
Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion ... only 3 games, all 3 amazing games. Clearly we could use some more of that !
(And yes I know there's Metroid Zero Mission which is a remake of Metroid, and Metroid 2 on the Gameboy, but who've played that ?)

Smash Bros. has an "immortal" formula ... a crossover party-battle game with characters from the most popular Nintendo franchise. That alone is enough for all eternity really.

Same with Pokemon ... kind of. Pokemon has two sides to itself, the casual single player that still has an immense untapped potential for interesting story-telling and world-building. (Black and White made the first careful steps to tap into that). And the competitive metagame that gets mixed up with each new generation and kept fresh with that. (Really I can't wait for Gen 6 to finally throw out all the copy&paste weather teams)
#68sonic_brawler95Posted 1/27/2013 1:49:38 PM
Metroid, the series is fine, but I haven't spent enough time with it to love it as much as the other series you listed.
---
| Nintendo ID: Sonic_Brawler95 | 3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712 |
If you want to add me, just ask!
#69Samp98518Posted 1/27/2013 2:06:17 PM
Zelda, I just never really got into/liked the series that much. Not saying that it's bad, just that I never really liked it.
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#70DTCGuitaristPosted 1/27/2013 2:07:48 PM
Metroid, easily, if Nintendo actually ever had this choice, Metroid would be the first to go. It's just not as classic as the others. I remember the DS Metroid game becoming a bargain bucket game over here, I don't play shooters, so I skipped the Gamecube games happily. If you got rid of Mario, you'd still have the New Super Mario series, only difference would be that there wouldn't be a Galaxy, Sunshine or 3D Land to break up to monotony.