If you had to give up one of these popular Nintendo series, which would it be?

#71RazieruPosted 1/27/2013 2:16:10 PM
For the people STILL saying Metroid, Nintendo already did you a favor with that franchise, considering it has been orphaned since Fusion.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#72MizunoRyuuPosted 1/27/2013 2:24:07 PM
Zelda >>>>>>>>> Metroid >>>>> Mario > Pokemon > Smash Bros.

The first two have yet to come up with a title that isn't vomit-inducingly awful in every respect. Mario's old games up to RPG and Paper Mario are good, all subsequent titles suck. Pokemon is Pokemon. It's good but got kinda bad after Gen IV. And Smash Bros. is awesome.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#73malfionPosted 1/27/2013 2:28:31 PM
Metroid. I`m sure that it could easily end up revived with another company as a spiritual successor though.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#74Kentaro21Posted 1/27/2013 2:35:46 PM
How about "None of the above"?
#75parKb5Posted 1/27/2013 2:38:17 PM
I'm surprised that Pokemon is #2. I thought people on this board lived and died for Pokemon.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#76Afrotastic_JPosted 1/27/2013 2:50:11 PM(edited)
Metroid is really the only big Nintendo series that I never really got around to playing.

So, the choice is kinda easy.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#77The Wheelman1Posted 1/27/2013 2:49:41 PM
Mario
---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#78Uru_ZephPosted 1/27/2013 2:49:44 PM
parKb5 posted...
I'm surprised that Pokemon is #2. I thought people on this board lived and died for Pokemon.

There's a lot of haters. It's conformity to anti-conformity at work.

Also, for those who say that Zelda or Mario suck because of a lack of innovation... since when did innovation actually become a standard of quality? Sure, new things are fun and shiny, but if there's already a solid core in place, why change it? They do sometimes experiment with those series in the spinoff games, and very rarely are the spinoffs liked half as well as the main series. In fact, some of my biggest gripes with the Mario series are where they tried to do something new, like the Mega Mushroom.
#79ChonicPosted 1/27/2013 2:53:03 PM
...I honestly don't know. I guess I'll say Metroid because it's the least important, but given that it's also my favourite and Metroid Blast is my favourite attraction in Nintendo Land...

Mind you, we'd still have what Metroid has done up until now is it was axed. And Super Metroid + Prime Trilogy has me nicely satisfied for a LONG time. I'd start to miss the other 4 more quickly.
---
~~Dream World Paradise Volunteer~~ Jobs done: 4
Pokemon White 2 FC = 4599-7354-7776
#80iron_defensePosted 1/27/2013 2:57:11 PM
Metroid. As long as I can still play Super Metroid.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.