If you had to give up one of these popular Nintendo series, which would it be?

#91Lwaxana_TroiPosted 1/27/2013 5:31:22 PM
Metroid easily.

Was never a huge fan.
#92Delirious_BeardPosted 1/27/2013 5:32:40 PM
Zelda. Haven't truly enjoyed a Zelda game since WW.
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif
#93surferguy7Posted 1/27/2013 5:45:59 PM
Pokemon.

It's my second favorite franchise of all time, and I'd love for it to go on forever, but if any of these series were to end, I'd be the most satisfied with Pokemon.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#94snailienPosted 1/27/2013 5:49:50 PM
This was an easy decision since I despise Smash Bros. It would have been hard if it was only between Mario and Zelda, though. Probably would have had to give up Mario.
---
"Filthy lawbreaker, unhand that vending machine!" - Casey Jones
#95DarkImpact2021Posted 1/27/2013 5:54:22 PM
Zelda. It's the only series listed that I've genuinely never enjoyed. Not particularly crazy about Pokemon or Metroid Prime, but the earlier entries in the series were amazing and there's always room for improvement. I just don't see Zelda ever improving past the point it's at now and I didn't enjoy Ocarina of Time, which is supposed to be the best in the series. Only Zelda I can remotely close to enjoying was Wind Waker.
#96Sir_SpecterPosted 1/27/2013 6:03:29 PM
Poor Mario hasn't had a good game in a long time. They're all just pathetically easy these days so why even bother.
#97FaycelessPosted 1/27/2013 6:12:58 PM
Mario. I haven't enjoyed any platformers since Mario Sunshine. Other than that, I haven't really enjoyed any (of any franchise) since the N64. So Mario is the one I probably won't even play anyways. The others, not chance I'm missing out on those.
#98justdontaskPosted 1/27/2013 6:34:27 PM
never played metroid so i picked that one... pokemon would be next, but i actually enjoyed that as a kid...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#99dillo9000Posted 1/27/2013 6:46:27 PM
If they wouldn't make FPS bull**** and story-driven-makes-no-sense-poorly-controlled-crap that is the Prime series and Other M, and just make more games like Fusion and Super, then Mario would have to go because half of the series is now level and power-up packs.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#100ChicagoTed_Posted 1/27/2013 6:50:42 PM(edited)
I've got a somewhat unorthodox answer.

If Nintendo ever manages to make a Metroid game that reinvigorates that amazing feeling I got while playing Super Metroid, then Pokemon can go. However, if the Metroid games continue to be made in this new style, instead of the 2D "Metroidvania" style I fell in love with, then I'd let Metroid go, and remember how great it once was.

I just haven't liked a game in the series since Super Metroid and Fusion/Zero Mission. Those were absolutely amazing games, but I wouldn't miss any future games if they continue their current trend.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted