Does anybody prefer the GBA over the 3DS?

#11Defector22Posted 1/26/2013 11:59:04 PM
Hm, I like both, so for me the best deal would be to be able to play GBA titles on my 3DS.
---
workshop records
#12longlivemegamanPosted 1/27/2013 12:01:50 AM
I've still got my Spongebob GBA SP... Which I love for the simple fact that I can play ANY GB game I want on it. I can't with my 3DS.

(Oh, and the Game Boy Player is even MORE AWESOME...)
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#13jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 12:08:03 AM
longlivemegaman posted...
I've still got my Spongebob GBA SP... Which I love for the simple fact that I can play ANY GB game I want on it. I can't with my 3DS.

See I don't really get this. Do you have ANY gameboy game? PSP/DS emulation just seem much more viable/efficient for that function, lol...
#14NathanisDrakePosted 1/27/2013 12:25:45 AM
hpl138 posted...
Ask again in 5 years.

---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#15MereMarePosted 1/27/2013 12:26:41 AM
DS > 3DS > PSP > GBA > Gamegear > Vita > Atari Lynx > TurboExpress
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#16Vegito15243Posted 1/27/2013 12:28:06 AM
Honestly no, because the only GBA games I actually played were Pokemon games, the DS and PSP were the only times I played something not Pokemon, also didn't have money for other games.
---
Gamertag: Vegito15243.
3DS Friend Code: (Vegito) 0688 -5253-6669
#17jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 12:34:58 AM
I rated GBA over DS mostly because... despite having 2 Mario & Luigi titles, neither could come close to the original GBA one. Minish Cap was better than the touch nightmare of the DS Zelda games... and there were a few other franchise that just did not improve in any way on the DS.
#18longlivemegamanPosted 1/27/2013 12:44:36 AM(edited)
jedinat posted...
See I don't really get this. Do you have ANY gameboy game? PSP/DS emulation just seem much more viable/efficient for that function, lol...

I don't have every game, but I've got all the ones I enjoyed as a kid and that's good enough for me. Oh, and good luck emulating WarioWare Twisted's tilt sensor...
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#19jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 12:49:27 AM(edited)
Good luck emulating WarioWare Twisted's tilt sensor...

lol, should I for whatever reason actually want to play that game some day... I will indeed be chagrined.

edit: though a little google search indicates that there is a fix for it. They just bound it to the d pad.
#20n00bsaib0tPosted 1/27/2013 1:02:59 AM

Can you really consider what a system does via homebrew illegally something that makes it better? I mean using your logic the Dreamcast was the best system ever. All the games were free and it plays NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, etc. You don't even have to mod or jailbreak it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile