Does anybody prefer the GBA over the 3DS?

#41Rurouni720Posted 1/27/2013 9:06:07 PM
Nnamz posted...
jbl8199 posted...
Yeah, for the simple fact that it has better games.

This.

I hope that changes though.

Nope.

Totally a subjective and unfair argument considering the 3DS has just started it's third year. Facts =/= Opinions.

With how 2013 is ending it, it very well could. But who knows.
#42TehTrumpCardPosted 1/27/2013 9:11:39 PM
Nope. The 3DS is still fresh. Even still, the DS had better games than GBA.

Every first party game that got a new game (and not a remake) on the DS (barring NSMB) was amazing.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing...
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#43NnamzPosted 1/27/2013 10:04:52 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
Nnamz posted...
jbl8199 posted...

This.

Nope.

Totally a subjective and unfair argument considering the 3DS has just started it's third year. Facts =/= Opinions.

Translation: Wah!

Of COURSE it's subjective. Anything with "prefer" in the title is subjective. The only "fact" is that he felt it had better games, like I do. And I really don't care how "fair" that is.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#44HandsomeNerd85Posted 1/27/2013 11:05:58 PM
I have nothing but awesome memories with the GBA. I got as a present, the original, back lid less version of the GBA this year! It's basically a portable snes on steroid with an amazing amount of great games and remakes. But to be perfectly honest, the DS has the greatest library of games of any handheld system to have ever graced this planet. As for the PSP, I've brought one 20-25 days ago. Even though I wont have any sentimental attachement to it, I can say that there's quite a few great game and that it is a wonderfully well designed machine.

Finally, the 3 ds, well I think this is a Titan in the making really. It could very well be the greatest handheld of all time in terms of game quality. Time will tell.
#45legaleyesit420(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:38:43 AM
bump
#46El_DustinoPosted 1/28/2013 11:59:39 AM
I do prefer the GBA over the 3DS, but I have only had my 3DS for a month, and I am certain that there is some nostaglia there. But there are some simple things that the GBA does way better than the 3DS, such as being region free, more backwards compatible, having a more comfortable design (IMO), and having a more rounded library (but that could change, 3DS is young).

I really hope to get a GBA SP 101 this year, so I can finally get back to playing my GBA games on a GBA, as well as having a screen that I can easily see games on. Speaking of, I also need to repair my GBA's speaker... that might be tough...

Sorry, little tanget. Anyways, on the plus side, the 3DS looks like it is going to have an amazing year this year, so it is on the road to reaching the level of the GBA for me. :3
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#47dancer62Posted 1/28/2013 1:47:36 PM
Silly question.

Does anyone prefer a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle over a 2008 Ford Focus?

It might depend on what you plan to use it for, nostalgia cruising night at the drive-in, or commuting 30 miles in rush-hour traffic.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#48Rurouni720Posted 1/28/2013 1:55:19 PM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Nnamz posted...
jbl8199 posted...

This.

Nope.

Translation: Wah!

Of COURSE it's subjective. Anything with "prefer" in the title is subjective. The only "fact" is that he felt it had better games, like I do. And I really don't care how "fair" that is.

What is this? I don't even-....

Except the previous user you quoted wasn't posting a preference, but a clear objective in which he made his claim about the GBA having better games as a SIMPLE FACT. Where did he even put "he felt" in his sentence or much less implied it? Nowhere. Zip. Nadda. Also, The "i don't care" excuse does not hold merit nor a legitimate argument either way around and my point still stands.
#49legaleyesit420(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:07:45 PM
dancer62 is a complete idiot
#50blazeairPosted 1/28/2013 6:31:42 PM
Nope.
---
Vita PSN: Blazeaire 3DS FC: 5112-4721-7123
~Sexy, Free & Single I'm ready to...BINGO!~