Whats the point in the touch screen anymore

#11themegaman7Posted 1/27/2013 4:59:01 AM
jedinat posted...
It's more about having 2 screens than being touch screen. You WANT touch gameplay? Touch gameplay is crap.

Agreed 100%
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#12aamotPosted 1/27/2013 5:31:49 AM
The point is mostly for backwards compatibility (3DS would have died on the table without it), but as you mentioned, for the ease that comes from being able to navigate menus with the touch of a button.

It's mostly for convenience instead of innovation at this point - as it always should have been.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#135orrowPosted 1/27/2013 6:21:50 AM
1. It's more about having two screens
2. It's important for DS backwards compabillity
3. It's a nice bonus feature. You don't need it for every damn game that's coming out but there are games like TWEWY or Zelda (on DS) or Plants vs. Zombies, that control so much better with touch controls.
#14RocketZXbluePosted 1/27/2013 10:08:11 PM
The World Ends with You would like to have a word, the most touch-screen based gameplay i've EVER seen. and trust me you use it for everything during a battle, tapping, swiping, dragging, looping, you're basically controlling one character WITH the touch screen, while simultaneously controlling the other character with the d-pad/buttons.
and the other game I liked with teh touch screen was teh DS Castlevania games cause you can view the game menus while playing without having to ever pause the game.