caught between a rock and a hard place(fire emblem bundle or XL)

#1cheechmoosterPosted 1/27/2013 3:35:11 AM
I pre-ordered the fire emblem bundle and I just looked on best buy's website and they have the XL on sale for $169 with free shipping. The blue and red XL are ugly as hell but the regular 3ds screen is just so damn small so help me out here, should I buy the blue XL and fire emblem separately or stick with the bundle? If Nintendo would just put out a black XL I wouldn't be caught in this dilemma. What reasoning could they possibly have for not even giving us the silver one in the states? Nintendo knows damn well what color device fans and the average consumer want.................Black or Silver.
#2BlueBombei2Posted 1/27/2013 3:45:36 AM
Depends on what you want. I prefer my original 3DS when travelling and I very rarely play my 3DS at home. I have perfect eye sight so the original's screen isn't too bad for me. The only downside is that the XL does play DS games a lot better. Still I have my Lite for those (and GBA games). It really comes down to preference. If you aren't a huge Fire Emblem fan, I would go with the XL. That or if you don't care to collect the special edition console.
#3thompsontalker7Posted 1/27/2013 3:46:07 AM
I'll say this once and once only.

Get the blue XL, and then get Fire Emblem separately.

As tempting as the bundle looks, it's a digital copy and if your 3DS goes under, so will your game.

And besides, the upgrades in the XL make it a smarter purchase.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#4BlueBombei2Posted 1/27/2013 3:49:17 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
I'll say this once and once only.

Get the blue XL, and then get Fire Emblem separately.

As tempting as the bundle looks, it's a digital copy and if your 3DS goes under, so will your game.

And besides, the upgrades in the XL make it a smarter purchase.

Actually I had my 3DS stolen and called up Nintendo with the serial number and they gave me back my downloads. It took forever and a lot of complaining, but they did.
#5thompsontalker7Posted 1/27/2013 3:52:54 AM
I was referring more to if it was bricked or broken.

There is also a big improvement in playing DS/GBA games, and you can even set the original resolution.

Also, you can't share games with friends. I got the Mario Kart 7 bundle and I wish I could pass it to my lil bro who has the regular 3DS, but nope.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#6BlueBombei2Posted 1/27/2013 3:57:22 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
I was referring more to if it was bricked or broken.

There is also a big improvement in playing DS/GBA games, and you can even set the original resolution.

Also, you can't share games with friends. I got the Mario Kart 7 bundle and I wish I could pass it to my lil bro who has the regular 3DS, but nope.

Sure there was. I did the same for my little brother. I did a system transfer of his data to my XL. Which gave me all his Downloads and such including the Mario Kart 7 game. Then I transferred it back to him.

Also Nintendo will replenish your games for a broken console.

There is a lot people don't know about how the e-shop works.
#7hardknock55Posted 1/27/2013 4:34:30 AM(edited)
Anybody know how long this sale is? I don't get paid until Friday.

Nevermind, sale all week 1/27 until 2/2 means ill be able to pick up my 3ds xl $30 off. And also get 4 games basically for free using my points at gamestop yay.
---
PSN:hardknock55
NintendoNetwork:RetroReese88
#8Ruff_PuffPosted 1/27/2013 6:25:10 AM
I thought the XL was ugly before launch, but I changed my mind after seeing it with my own eyes; I don't personally believe the sale pictures of the XL do the console justice. :3
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#9abbyhitterPosted 1/27/2013 6:27:14 AM
Get the XL.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!