Has Atlus done anything concerning Trauma Center recently at all?

#1CrybabyloverPosted 1/27/2013 9:00:32 AM
It's been ages since TT and TC2 were released. Are they interested in reviving the franchise with either the Wii U or 3DS?
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/27/2013 9:11:21 AM
nothing, nothing at all. i saw an article back in september that said they were working on a new game, but i can't find it anymore, and since nothing like that has resurfaced it has to have been fake/misinformed. pisses me off because its the one series i want the most from them right now, but they're too busy whoring out SMT and persona to give a crap.

i did read that trauma team's low sales supposedly killed the series, but that has to be bull, considering UTK2 sold a third less what TT sold, and they went ahead and made TT in spite of those low sales. and releasing it in europe may have boosted the sales closer to the other games anyway. i don't know what the hold up is, but right now, i'm suspecting its probably been left to die.
#3Crybabylover(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:20:01 AM
That's a shame. While I do love SMT (and well, most Atlus games in general), I bought and played through every TC game released. Great music, great art, great gameplay, great story, great voice acting (when the games have it). What's not to love? It actually felt like I was watching a movie as a played through New Blood.

I'm hoping it's revived one day, with Nintendo's focus on dual screen gaming this generation.
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]
#4lambchipsPosted 1/27/2013 9:22:09 AM
man, this was one of my first ds games and it was amazing
i love the brutal difficulty
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 1/27/2013 9:28:12 AM
i agree with the positives, i do believe they crippled the series a bit by releasing 4 games in the space of 4 years, not to mention the orig., then a remake, then a kind of half-assed sequel to the orig.(in comparison to NB) which took away a lot of what NB added. i do think they were stretching it quite far with so many games so quickly and not a lot of difference between each, which may be why they've put it to rest for such a long time.
#6Rasen543Posted 1/27/2013 9:51:51 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
nothing, nothing at all. i saw an article back in september that said they were working on a new game, but i can't find it anymore, and since nothing like that has resurfaced it has to have been fake/misinformed. pisses me off because its the one series i want the most from them right now, but they're too busy whoring out SMT and persona to give a crap.

i did read that trauma team's low sales supposedly killed the series, but that has to be bull, considering UTK2 sold a third less what TT sold, and they went ahead and made TT in spite of those low sales. and releasing it in europe may have boosted the sales closer to the other games anyway. i don't know what the hold up is, but right now, i'm suspecting its probably been left to die.

They're really not whoring out SMT though.

And if they are, what does that make Mario, Sonjc, Final Fantasy etc?

Whoring out means they start releasing stuff that's bad because they know it'll sell either way. Every SMT game that has come out in the past few years have been great.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#7Nickcool1996Posted 1/27/2013 10:03:54 AM
Rasen543 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Whoring out means they start releasing stuff that's bad because they know it'll sell either way. Every SMT game that has come out in the past few years have been great.

Plus the last SMT game came out in '09.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 1/27/2013 10:12:25 AM(edited)
Rasen543 posted...

well ok maybe "whoring" was the wrong word. i mean we've got SMTIV, SMT:SH, DeSu OC, DeSu2, P4G, P4A and now SMTxFE in the space of like two years, with some of them still unreleased. meanwhile, we haven't had a trauma game since 10, and it just looks its been left to die. i'm just saying, thats a lot of SMT we've got recently.

Nickcool1996 posted...

i take it by that you mean the last main SMT game? i don't know how SMT continuity works, so i take it something like OC or SH are spinoff games?
#9MetalLokiPosted 1/27/2013 10:44:16 AM(edited)
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Rasen543 posted...

Nickcool1996 posted...

i take it by that you mean the last main SMT game? i don't know how SMT continuity works, so i take it something like OC or SH are spinoff games?

If you don't know then why are you talking like you do? Yeah they're spinoffs and the last Numbered main game was released like 10 years ago. While SJ is a main game , it's not numbered and OC and SH are both ports but seeing how NA never got SH and people have been asking for it for more the 10 years there is nothing wrong with them giving it to us now.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#10Nickcool1996Posted 1/27/2013 10:47:26 AM
Well if we're going by numbers, Nocturne was 10 years and if Loki's right, SMTIV is 10 years. I think SMTII was 3-4 years. So SMT5 will be out in 2020 or 2024 Q.Q
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg