I've never played Ocarina of Time....

#1EternalNetherPosted 1/27/2013 2:23:40 PM
Should I go buy it?
#2jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 2:23:59 PM
Of course.
#3SW_FFXIfanPosted 1/27/2013 2:56:24 PM
Was in the same boat as you. You should get it, it is a pretty fun game.
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#4abbyhitterPosted 1/27/2013 3:03:31 PM
Yes. Get it for the 3DS. It's the best version of the game, and it's a plus if you've never played it. I got bored with OoT 3D because I played it to death on the N64 and Wii VC. Having the upgraded graphics, boss rush mode, and Master Quest was nice and all, but the magic of the game had already worn away before I even bought the 3DS version. I really regret that purchase.

Sorry for the blogfaqs, but yes, you should get the 3DS version of the game if you've never played it.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#5ptreemf12Posted 1/27/2013 3:07:52 PM(edited)
Yep go for it. I only played through parts of it as a kid on and off, and recently played the whole game through for the first time when I got my XL a few months ago. It has aged very well, and only a few parts of the game can get tedious in my opinion. Took me about 27 hours for a full do everything/get everything run with some guides. I have yet to play Master Quest which is an added bonus... Also it has a boss challenge mode as well.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#6TamerWoody22Posted 1/27/2013 3:21:09 PM
I only played a little bit of the original, mostly watched my brother play. YES YES YES! Pick it up! When I played the 3D remake..... probably the best 3DS game. ::P
---
Check out my AC: New Leaf tumblr! http://assistantshizue.tumblr.com
#7ApplizerPosted 1/27/2013 4:07:59 PM
I'm honestly not sure if it still holds up. Most of the people who praise it as a classic are those who played it in the 90s, I've tried to get into it a few times in recent years, and it just isn't happening. Lots of annoying gameplay. Very outdated look and feel.
#8jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 4:17:16 PM(edited)
Applizer posted...
I'm honestly not sure if it still holds up. Most of the people who praise it as a classic are those who played it in the 90s, I've tried to get into it a few times in recent years, and it just isn't happening. Lots of annoying gameplay. Very outdated look and feel.

It's just you. You simply don't like it. It's not very dated at all.

It's still a good game today. Not TEH BEST GAME EVA!!11, but it's very good.
#9LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/27/2013 4:27:20 PM
"I've never played Ocarina of Time"

What's wrong with you?

Just kidding, but get it. It's phenomenal.

While you're at it, you should get into the entirety of the Zelda series. Beautiful fantasy settings that are rich with lore and great stories, with solid gameplay and stunning music.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#10EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:10:15 PM
I've always wanted to play Zelda. Always. It's just that I never really got around to it. I've owned an N64 in the past when I was young, but it was always hard to get my parents to fork over money for games. Same goes for the Gamecube. When I got older I moved out and I do actually own a Wii right at this moment, and Twilight Princess is sitting here at this very moment, totally unplayed. Because my backlog is huge. But I'm actually stripping a lot of games out of my life at this point. i've grown bored of PC gaming and most console gaming. All I ever use is my 3DS, and since I'm now a working adult (I miss being a kid *sniffles* but I'm a child at heart anyway :D) I can buy any games I want.

And since I mostly only play my 3DS that leaves Ocarina of Time, a fan favorite, as well as the DS titles, though I don't know if they're any good. I've also heard rumors of a 3DS remake of Majora's Mask possibly in the future.