I've never played Ocarina of Time....

#21bcorneliaPosted 1/27/2013 7:53:59 PM
Solid_SOAP posted...
60fps

---
My old account got better.
#22Delirious_BeardPosted 1/27/2013 7:55:06 PM
I don't see how dungeon length and barren overworlds are a subjective opinion.

I could also bring up the incredibly simple combat system.
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif
#23NnamzPosted 1/27/2013 8:01:26 PM
bcornelia posted...
I'm not sure how "pacing problems" is suddenly synonymous with "not enough cutscenes".

This conversation is dropping off into a subjective pit so I'm just going to call your argument bunk and leave it at that.

The mechanics of the game are outdated by today's standards, even without going into the pacing of the story. It's a classic. It was revolutionary. But it's old, and games have evolved since then.

Still TC, it holds up quite well considering it's age. Not many games could claim that.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#24bcorneliaPosted 1/27/2013 8:04:25 PM
Nnamz posted...
The mechanics of the game are outdated by today's standards, even without going into the pacing of the story. It's a classic. It was revolutionary. But it's old, and games have evolved since then.

This is the second time I've seen this claim in this thread. Still as vague as it was the first time around.
---
My old account got better.
#25NnamzPosted 1/27/2013 8:10:58 PM
bcornelia posted...
Nnamz posted...

This is the second time I've seen this claim in this thread. Still as vague as it was the first time around.

Have you played a game in the last 13 years?

The combat, the camera, the traversal and environments, the key things that have changed and improved in the last decade of gaming all feel outdated in this game. If you wanted specific details on every outdated feature of the game, you've greatly overestimating my attention span lol.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#26jedinatPosted 1/27/2013 10:19:21 PM
Nnamz posted...
bcornelia posted...
Nnamz posted...

Have you played a game in the last 13 years?

The combat, the camera, the traversal and environments, the key things that have changed and improved in the last decade of gaming all feel outdated in this game. If you wanted specific details on every outdated feature of the game, you've greatly overestimating my attention span lol.

A few things have been improved control-wise I suppose, but not very significantly. The overworld is less barren than the most recent Zelda offering. I had more fun replaying it on 3DS than I had fun playing Skyward Sword for the first time.
#27SmokeCladKingPosted 1/28/2013 7:09:33 AM
I bought two copies.

My son is experiencing it for the first time.

I played it so long ago that it feel like a fresh game to me.

Don't regret it at all...
#28WiiFan77Posted 1/28/2013 7:54:40 AM
Felt like a pretty standard Zelda game to me. Didn't stick out as particularly better than the others, aside from the 3D.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#29BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/28/2013 8:15:23 AM
TC, go pick up this game before someone destroys you! (jk)

Seriously though, to this day I consider it the greatest game ever made, and I've played a lot of good games. The 3DS version is also the best version

As for those who are saying 'the dungeons are too short', how 'short' was it the first time you played through with no previous knowledge and no guide? You can do speed runs in this game, no doubt but the first time around is different. Honestly in terms of length of dungeons I think Zelda games stay pretty consistent.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#30LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/28/2013 8:28:28 AM
Delirious_Beard posted...
I don't see how dungeon length and barren overworlds are a subjective opinion.

I could also bring up the incredibly simple combat system.

There was nothing wrong with the dungeon length. I can admit the game feels outdated in places, but the dungeons AREN'T one of those places.

OoT's dungeons showcase Nintendo's genius game design at its finest, and always will. Nothing compares.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.