XL or Regular 3DS?

#1FaustavusPosted 1/27/2013 3:37:22 PM
I'm just wondering just how bad is the pixelation on games when they're stretched to fit the XL's screen in comparison with the regular 3DS.
In particular how bad is it for regular DS games?

I was set on a certain 3DS bundle, but due to it's inavailability I may as well look into the other model.
#2abbyhitterPosted 1/27/2013 3:39:24 PM
Get an XL.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#3Faustavus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:48:29 PM
abbyhitter posted...
Get an XL.

Need more info. Don't just tell me what, tell me why please.
#4Burning_BreezePosted 1/27/2013 3:54:39 PM
When it comes to regular DS games, if you hold start and select when launching the game, it will play at native resolution, which on the XL is about the same size as the DSi screens. If you try the same thing on a regular sized 3DS, the game will be postage-stamp sized.

Personally, I like playing in native on my XL, the unused parts of the screens don't bother me at all.
---
Our divided brothers we slay
#5rizsparkyPosted 1/27/2013 3:56:05 PM
The XL's pixelation is not noticable, Ive had the OG 3DS for a year and the XL for a few months and I prefer my XL. I can't go back to playing on the regular 3DS the screens are too small..
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#6boysrus72Posted 1/27/2013 3:59:19 PM
3DS games will look best on a regular 3DS. The pixelation is noticeable on the XL. However, I think the size of the XL is perfect for controlling the system. I feel too cramped playing the regular 3DS. It's hard to give a recommendation here simply because of persona preference.
---
Think about it.
#7thatmovingbushPosted 1/27/2013 3:59:35 PM
I played a demo xl at best buy and didn't notice any pixels.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#8Faustavus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:10:36 PM
boysrus72 posted...
3DS games will look best on a regular 3DS. The pixelation is noticeable on the XL. However, I think the size of the XL is perfect for controlling the system. I feel too cramped playing the regular 3DS. It's hard to give a recommendation here simply because of persona preference.

That is what I am worried of, noticeable pixelation.
I can't compare the two, no retailers have demos, and I don't know anyone personally who has one.
#9hpl138Posted 1/27/2013 4:13:58 PM
Beyond the obvious size difference there really isn't much space between them.

People will talk about the XL having more pixelization, the OG having better speakers, etc...any differences in that realm are small at best.

I'd pick this way. If you have smaller hands go with the OG. Large hands might do better with the XL.

In the end though, really most of the talk about one being better is just hot air from people who feel some need to justify their purchase. They are 99% the same thing, playing the same games, etc...you can't lose with either.
#10boysrus72Posted 1/27/2013 4:22:51 PM
I have both. I'm not justifying anything.
---
Think about it.