Just as I was regaining faith in Nintendo...

#111Devil_wings00Posted 1/27/2013 10:19:48 PM
urmomishawt04 posted...
people always complain about dead pixels and I've yet to ever have on

I blame people mishandeling their system

lol literally nothing to do with the handling of a system. I could chuck any thing I own at a wall and fix it back up and the screen might have other problems but dead pixels wouldn't occur. It has nothing to do with user error. I've bought monitors that out of the box have had a dead pixels.

This guy is either lying his @$$ off to make nintendo look bad (in which case SERIOUSLY dude you need a hobby) or he's just got some bad luck.

Before you spout of BS maybe you should do a quick google search before you make yourself look like a moron.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#112TehTrumpCardPosted 1/27/2013 10:22:20 PM
What Cryno said.

I had a similar problem with my XL but it sort of resolved it self when I powered it off by holding the power button and than turning it back on.

At any rate your system isn't broken, just try that, if not. Nintendo will fix this problem for free, since it's obviously less than a year old, without the need for a proof of purchase like another certain company does...

It's all about that XL life.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing...
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#113kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:36:25 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
urmomishawt04 posted...
people always complain about dead pixels and I've yet to ever have on

I blame people mishandeling their system

lol literally nothing to do with the handling of a system. I could chuck any thing I own at a wall and fix it back up and the screen might have other problems but dead pixels wouldn't occur. It has nothing to do with user error. I've bought monitors that out of the box have had a dead pixels.

This guy is either lying his @$$ off to make nintendo look bad (in which case SERIOUSLY dude you need a hobby) or he's just got some bad luck.

Before you spout of BS maybe you should do a quick google search before you make yourself look like a moron.

...There are so many more things I could make up that would better bash Nintendo than complaining about pixel death. I can't believe that people are idiotic enough to actively accuse me of this.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#114kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:37:00 PM
RedShadowww posted...
I think I have one too (a greenish dot at the corner of my screen) and it's only noticeable when the screen is black. I just got my XL today too.

Yep. That was my exact problem with my first XL.
---
#115MortimerBrewstrPosted 1/27/2013 10:38:20 PM
The Shinobi game for the 3DS is outrageous. Good 2D action/platform game.
---
When your reputation is ruined you can live quite freely.
Low Price Revolution
#116kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:39:30 PM
ADicoGirl posted...
kewldude475 posted...
No, I only called a known defendrone one. Not someone who was just a Nintendo loyalist today.

Fair enough.

Also, I don't feel like posting pictures, and if someone think I'm lying (like, seriously?) then they're an idiot.

Given the statistical (un)likelyhood of getting 2 dead pixel machines in a row, feeling a shadow of doubt isn't unwarranted. That said, I won't bug ya for pictures anymore, since you seem quite reluctant.

I'm saying that there is no reason to doubt me like some people are because I could have said something like :Nintendo gave me two 3DS' that had no bottom screens in a row" that would be better at bashing Nintendo.

And I'd post pics if I weren't lazy and felt like doing it. I've never actually taken a pic and put it on a computer before. In fact, I've never really taken pics with a non-disposable camera either.
---
#117funguy10Posted 1/27/2013 10:43:30 PM
i've been gaming for over 40 yrs. i've never heard of this until now. i just bought my first handheld ever. its the 3DSXL and its fantastic! in fact i like it so much. that i'm done with consoles. i love the 3DSXL, thr DS and 3DS games are great!

now i'm not saying your lying. so just take it back to a different store. could be a store got a bad shipment. cheers and happy gaming :)
#118Kromlech06Posted 1/27/2013 10:48:41 PM
Yea get from a different seller.

My launch-day phat DS had a dead pixel since the first day, I could've had it replaced but I like the... uniqueness it adds.
#119kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:50:53 PM(edited)
CronoDyne posted...
kewldude475 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
lol@ Nintendo loyalists blaming the victim.

TC, you said it was discolored. Was it completely black or just a different color?

First it was bluish green then it was white.

It's a stuck pixel then, which is fixable. Dead pixels are black and stay that way forever.

And how would I do this on a 3DS?

Nvm I'll just watch a YT vid for it with the camera

---
#120PokeMasterPosted 1/27/2013 10:55:19 PM
kewldude475 posted...

It's a stuck pixel then, which is fixable. Dead pixels are black and stay that way forever.

And how would I do this on a 3DS?

Nvm I'll just watch a YT vid for it with the camera

PokeMaster posted...
If it's a stuck pixel, there are a few ways to unstick it by yourself.

Cycle through some solid colours repeatedly, try press lightly on the pixel, or run a pixel unstuck video on the 3DS. (seizure warning)

---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.