Just as I was regaining faith in Nintendo...

#121ukokira1Posted 1/27/2013 11:01:28 PM
My first PS Vita had a dead pixel. SONY F****** SUCKS,!
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#122AsuractPosted 1/27/2013 11:09:57 PM
A dead pixel looks like a red very noticeable dot at a single point on your screen. Normally you forget it's there as you play, but if it's in a bad spot, you will see it often. It's not bad, or game breaking, it's just a minor imperfection and annoyance.

it can take anywhere from day 1 to as long as a whole month of gaming to see if your system is a dud. I seriously suggest keeping the receipt for as long as it's valid.

What normally happens is that the system wasn't handled properly when shipped, if the game was shaken around A LOT, or the box was dropped a few times during shipment, then it raises the odds of dead pixels. Normally though it's just faulty hardware.

Leaving your system in intense heat can also burn out pixels, so don't play it in any heat over 85degrees +. Remember your system has NO fan.
---
Internet is hard.
#123zeekybookydoogPosted 1/27/2013 11:15:19 PM
kewldude Straight Arrow spams like a boss.
---
Proud member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
I'm doing my part to fight for a free internet. Are you doing yours?
#124Primum_MobilePosted 1/28/2013 12:00:16 AM
probably not gonna change anything, but here's what's happening:

LCD manufacturing will produce defective LCD.

You seems to think it's Nintendo's job to make sure they take out the defective LCD.

On the other hand, Nintendo decided that the most cost effective way to eliminate said defective LCD is to have the customer report it themselves, then replace that system free of charge. Even at the risk of losing that customer, it would still be cheaper for Nintendo to do this than to place some sort of system to eliminate all defective LCD before shipping. This seems to be an industry standard practice as well.
Now, whether you agree w/ this practice or not is complete up to you. But if you don't like it, your only other option is to not buy their product (as the saying goes, vote w/ your wallet). Or if you are an entrepreneur, you could start your own company that sell your ideal product (hello next Steve Jobs), although you'll likely find yourself doing what everyone is doing anyway due to circumstances.

Ranting here really isn't going to fix anything, nor will it persuade anyone here to boycott Nintendo's product (we really are just a bunch of Nintendrone). Well, you probably pick that up already.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#125RedShadowwwPosted 1/28/2013 12:33:21 AM
kewldude475 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
kewldude475 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
lol@ Nintendo loyalists blaming the victim.

TC, you said it was discolored. Was it completely black or just a different color?

First it was bluish green then it was white.

It's a stuck pixel then, which is fixable. Dead pixels are black and stay that way forever.

And how would I do this on a 3DS?

Nvm I'll just watch a YT vid for it with the camera

After a couple of hours trying to figure out how to get those stuck pixel fix videos working on a 3ds while covering the entire screen (sometimes the vid would work but there would be a black bar on top and bottom where the dot was) I finally got it working...but it didn't fix the problem :/ I uploaded the video here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0p5lwkcpg9dy4eg

Make sure you record a video first so that it'll make a folder in your SD. Go into your SD>DCIM>the folder that's there>put the stuck fix here. Then on your 3ds go into camera>view pictures/videos. Hope it works for you cause i'd hate to have all this time wasted.
#126F1areaGamanPosted 1/28/2013 12:42:21 AM
i had a dead pixel on my first DS.

I returned it for another DS but I kept Mario 64.

So I got Mario 64 and with me new DS I got Metroid Prime Hunters.

Good times.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2923-8369-0008 SoulSilver FC: 1119-2477-4355 Diamond FC: 0002-1844-7966
PSN: Flareyman
#127PokeMasterPosted 1/28/2013 12:45:30 AM
RedShadowww posted...
kewldude475 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
kewldude475 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
lol@ Nintendo loyalists blaming the victim.

TC, you said it was discolored. Was it completely black or just a different color?

First it was bluish green then it was white.

It's a stuck pixel then, which is fixable. Dead pixels are black and stay that way forever.

And how would I do this on a 3DS?

Nvm I'll just watch a YT vid for it with the camera

After a couple of hours trying to figure out how to get those stuck pixel fix videos working on a 3ds while covering the entire screen (sometimes the vid would work but there would be a black bar on top and bottom where the dot was) I finally got it working...but it didn't fix the problem :/ I uploaded the video here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0p5lwkcpg9dy4eg

Make sure you record a video first so that it'll make a folder in your SD. Go into your SD>DCIM>the folder that's there>put the stuck fix here. Then on your 3ds go into camera>view pictures/videos. Hope it works for you cause i'd hate to have all this time wasted.

You spent a couple of hours? >.>
Google 3DS video converter and done. >.>
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#128SoeroahPosted 1/28/2013 12:53:14 AM
I've got two or three dead pixels on my screen but in all honesty I only notice them sometimes. It's like a bit of dust under the screen. Doesn't really bother me too much, to be honest.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#129RedShadowwwPosted 1/28/2013 1:14:02 AM
PokeMaster posted...
You spent a couple of hours? >.>
Google 3DS video converter and done. >.>

I used youtube first. Found vids with different video converters but those didnt work (Tried multiple methods also), then I found a converter specifically for 3ds but that didn't work either (again, i tried a couple different methods/options), then i found one converter that did work, but the resolution didnt fit the entire screen. So I tried a couple different options but that didn't work. So I used a different converter to stretch the video into the right resolution then used the working 3ds converter again and finally got it working. The amount of times I had to take out and put back the SD card was insane.
#130RoksuPosted 1/28/2013 1:40:55 AM
The first device that I experienced dead pixels was a PSP 2000. It didn't really bother me, though. :/
---
PSN: Rokuyo14
Black 2 FC: 3912-5402-0379