Just as I was regaining faith in Nintendo...

#31kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:55:00 PM
Starwars4J posted...
kewldude475 posted...
But yeah StarWars, you might be right. I do have bad luck. Bad luck that I decided to buy a system from a company that has problems making their devices work correctly.

That would be poor decision making, not bad luck. And Nintendo has the best track record in hardware fidelity out of any company in the business. If you're going to find something to complain about, you should look for valid flaws. Whining about your own bad luck simply isn't going to get the users here "hot and bothered" ;)

No, poor decision making would be if I EXPECTED the 3DS to work badly. I figured previous complaints were something that would never happen to me, and yet, here we are, it's happened twice in a row. Whether they have the best record or not, they screwed up my systems. Now please stop talking to me, you insufferable Nintendrone.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#32kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:55:44 PM
Ekaru posted...
My 3DS XL does not have any dead pixels. So yes, you do have bad luck. Could you not exchange for a third one? I doubt you'd have bad luck three times in a row.

Yes, I am aware of my bad luck. Doesn't make it my fault though. And yes, I will probably be exchanging it, once again,
---
#33Starwars4JPosted 1/27/2013 7:56:43 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Pointing out flaws in m argument? All you said was "ZOMG STAHP BASHING NINTENDO! IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT THEY MAKE DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS TO BUY!!!11!!ELEVEN!!1!!!" All I said was I was startign to trust Nintendo products again, then I get two defective systems in a row, now I don't trust them so much. I don't see any reason for you to go on about how terrible my luck is, and how you need to "point out flaws in my argument". Which you didn't by the way. if Sony made a system with dead pixels (I've been playing Sony systems for a grand total of 7 years, never had a pixel problem) then I wouldn't be very happy about that.

Now, please stop posting this drivel.

Actually I did point out flaws in your argument, the argument that because one person had bad luck with a system that the hardware is poorly manufactured. That's one of the most fundamental flaws there is. Imagine if studies were based on one subject, pretty silly don't you think? And I didn't say to stop bashing Nintendo (unless you can quote me on that?), I said that if you're going to try to post flaws that you should post about ones that actually exist. I'm talking pure fact here, you're the one flying off the handle because you made an invalid argument. My advice would be to forget about this topic and to start again, this time with a better thought-out premise. Who knows, you might actually bait someone ;) Best of luck, Brian!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#34kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:57:31 PM
Allaudeen posted...
As I remembered there are Dead Pixel Fixes on youtube.
Maybe if you could play it on your 3ds, it would be gone.

It might sound fanboyish to you, but I don't think Nintendo has to do with those dead pixels.
Shipping and Distribution might cause the system to have dead pixels. Justlike one guy said in this post
that the distributor must be kicking the boxes or something.

Yeah, blaming Nintendo rather than distributors or more likely, manufacturers probably makes more sense overall.
---
#35Starwars4JPosted 1/27/2013 7:57:44 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Yes, I am aware of my bad luck. Doesn't make it my fault though

One of the best quotes from the site :) "My bad luck is not my fault!". And I fully agree! As I said earlier, it is surely the work of Nintendo's Voodoo doll technology in action! Those dastardly fiends ;)
---
#36kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:58:22 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Oh and if you happen to get it a third time then inform your parents so they get a lawyer to sue. You can sue on the grounds of "frustration" and "mental anguish". Nintendo will then be forced to settle and you get a nice pay day.

Ehhh, I'd prefer not to go that route.
---
#37Starwars4JPosted 1/27/2013 7:59:39 PM
kewldude475 posted...
No, poor decision making would be if I EXPECTED the 3DS to work badly. I figured previous complaints were something that would never happen to me, and yet, here we are, it's happened twice in a row. Whether they have the best record or not, they screwed up my systems. Now please stop talking to me, you insufferable Nintendrone.

So you knew about "previous complaints" and thought of the company as one that makes bad hardware (much to the disagreement of the actual numbers out there). Sounds like you had every reason to believe there would be an issue and still chose the "It could never happen to me" route, as you said yourself. Again, that's poor decision making on TOP of bad luck. My boy, you surely drew the short straw in life.
---
#38kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:59:58 PM
Starwars4J posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Yes, I am aware of my bad luck. Doesn't make it my fault though

One of the best quotes from the site :) "My bad luck is not my fault!". And I fully agree! As I said earlier, it is surely the work of Nintendo's Voodoo doll technology in action! Those dastardly fiends ;)

Oh yeah, you're right! I went to the store and bought more bad luck. How could I forget? I even get the expensive 24 pack!
---
#39kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:01:32 PM
Starwars4J posted...
kewldude475 posted...

So you knew about "previous complaints" and thought of the company as one that makes bad hardware (much to the disagreement of the actual numbers out there). Sounds like you had every reason to believe there would be an issue and still chose the "It could never happen to me" route, as you said yourself. Again, that's poor decision making on TOP of bad luck. My boy, you surely drew the short straw in life.

The "company that makes bad hardware" is what I decided to think of Nintendo as AFTER getting two defective units. Did you think of that? lol.

Anyways, it's NOT poor decision making. Especially when i can (even though it's annoying) exchange it for a new one.
---
#40AllaudeenPosted 1/27/2013 8:01:48 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Allaudeen posted...
As I remembered there are Dead Pixel Fixes on youtube.
Maybe if you could play it on your 3ds, it would be gone.

It might sound fanboyish to you, but I don't think Nintendo has to do with those dead pixels.
Shipping and Distribution might cause the system to have dead pixels. Justlike one guy said in this post
that the distributor must be kicking the boxes or something.

Yeah, blaming Nintendo rather than distributors or more likely, manufacturers probably makes more sense overall.

Well you can't pin point them out. Try to fix it yourself first though, using videos, thatis the best advice I could give.
We can't pin point any of them, so meeh...
If dead pixel fix can't fix it then better return it.

Curious: Where did you even buy that system? I had no problems with my 3ds XL
---
http://backloggery.com/allaudeen
I am so a casual gamer. Add me on backloggery :3