This year for the 3DS is simply too strong

#51SkyminxyzPosted 1/29/2013 6:52:34 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
Razieru posted...
The extreme expectations here reek of going way overboard. People are actually guaranteeing that every title mentioned will be some kind of unfathomable million seller.

From this list:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Castlevania
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
- Animal Crossing New Leaf
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
- Project X Zone
- Pokémon X/Y

Yeah, each of those has a shot at selling a million. Fire Emblem is almost certainly going to (500K in Japan, heavily advertised in the US), Monster Hunter Will, Animal Crossing has, individually X/Y will, Luigi's Mansion has a great shot, ect.

Yeah to be fair the one's I bold will realistically take quite a while to even hit 1 million sales, mostly because the bottom 2 have a really niche fanbase. While Castlevania just isn't as hyped as the sereis used to be (just compare the Wii one's sales with many of the older titles. Heck I see it in a bargin bin all the time these days.)

Besides you've gotten be pretty dang optimistic to serious believe that the 3ds will only go uphill next year. Not even trying to troll, but seriously all we'll get is new "spin-offs" for Mario (probably another party/ M&L 4) and Pokemon (Ranger 4?)
Because at this rate the Zelda creators will probably be too busy with Zelda U AND with the WW Remake.
That and Mario made so many games at once, they already don't have much room to wiggle around for the 3ds.

Sum up: Other than the Dragon Quest games (and maybe a Sonic I guess), I just can't see anything good next year, compared to this one. So I personally think despite they went all out this year, it's gonna hurt them for the next 2 years or so.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#52DarthFloatyPosted 1/29/2013 7:08:27 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Razieru posted...
The extreme expectations here reek of going way overboard. People are actually guaranteeing that every title mentioned will be some kind of unfathomable million seller.

From this list:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Castlevania
- Project X Zone
- Pokémon X/Y

Yeah, each of those has a shot at selling a million. Fire Emblem is almost certainly going to (500K in Japan, heavily advertised in the US), Monster Hunter Will, Animal Crossing has, individually X/Y will, Luigi's Mansion has a great shot, ect.

Yeah to be fair the one's I bold will realistically take quite a while to even hit 1 million sales, mostly because the bottom 2 have a really niche fanbase. While Castlevania just isn't as hyped as the sereis used to be (just compare the Wii one's sales with many of the older titles. Heck I see it in a bargin bin all the time these days.)

Besides you've gotten be pretty dang optimistic to serious believe that the 3ds will only go uphill next year. Not even trying to troll, but seriously all we'll get is new "spin-offs" for Mario (probably another party/ M&L 4) and Pokemon (Ranger 4?)
Because at this rate the Zelda creators will probably be too busy with Zelda U AND with the WW Remake.
That and Mario made so many games at once, they already don't have much room to wiggle around for the 3ds.

Sum up: Other than the Dragon Quest games (and maybe a Sonic I guess), I just can't see anything good next year, compared to this one. So I personally think despite they went all out this year, it's gonna hurt them for the next 2 years or so.

Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid could all potential show up in 2014 and all have on portables before. Others such as Pikmin also could, depending on sales of the main unit (although Pikmin itself would likely not be until 2015+).

And I wouldn't count Zelda out yet. Honestly, I'm expending one between Q4 of this year and Q3 of the next.
#53AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/29/2013 8:12:50 AM
Razieru sure has some sour butthurt grapes in this topic;)

I wonder what caused her to have a Nuclear meltdown...
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#54shampoowarriorPosted 1/29/2013 8:21:38 AM
Skyminxyz posted...

SMTIV will definitely be hitting next year if it doesn't come out at the end of this year. A Zelda game is confirmed to be coming so there's no real reason to believe it can't come next year. We can consider the possibility of Monster Hunter 4. Then there's the aforementioned Dragon Quest VII which I do expect to see.

With almost nothing confirmed, its impossible for 2014 to hold a candle to 2013 right now but if just Dragon Quest VII and SMTIV come out then it will automatically be better than 2012 and 11 imo.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#55pikachupwnagePosted 1/29/2013 8:24:58 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Razieru posted...

From this list:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Castlevania
- Project X Zone
- Pokémon X/Y

Its far too early to predict next year. There are plenty of unused franchises/spinoffs Nintendo could use and they could always pull a galaxy 2 with 3D land. And I bet next year is when we would get that Majoras mask/link to the past remake considering how likely it is we will get that 3DS original Zelda this holiday season.

And third parties have no qualms with sequels. SMTIV will probably be localized for us next year.

I can see next year being good but its still too early to be predict it very well.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#56SagadegoPosted 1/29/2013 11:36:54 AM
yeah the line up is really amazing for the 3ds this year.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#57moogle69Posted 1/29/2013 12:00:47 PM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
Crybabylover posted...
TC, you've provided very valid points, but the thing is that they don't care. They're not going to be convinced because that's not why they're here. Their only goal is to deter new potential consumers from buying a 3DS or seeing us get defensive about it.

Don't waste your time trying to actually counter-argue against these people. Remember that they ACTUALLY frequently visit game boards they DISLIKE just to INSULT it. Just to insult it.

They clearly have a lot of free time on their hands. Screw these guys, we don't have to try to argue with them. Just call them out for how ridiculous their actions are or just not respond at all. We're not entitled to acknowledge them.

i visit this board because i have 2 3ds(english, and japanese) and also visit vita board because i own a vita and have multiple region accounts, and yes you are right, they come here to troll. but if you ever visit the vita board is 5% of vita owners tring to find out about new games(and yes, vita is getting better games everyday, just not outside japan) and the 95% rest are nintendo fans trolling and hateing, and behaving like childrens crying because they dont own a vita.

You havnt sewn the 3DS biard 2years ago have you? Have you even seen the wii u boards?
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#58SkyminxyzPosted 1/29/2013 1:28:48 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
Skyminxyz posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Razieru posted...

From this list:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Castlevania
- Project X Zone
- Pokémon X/Y

Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid could all potential show up in 2014 and all have on portables before. Others such as Pikmin also could, depending on sales of the main unit (although Pikmin itself would likely not be until 2015+).

And I wouldn't count Zelda out yet. Honestly, I'm expending one between Q4 of this year and Q3 of the next.

Thank you for not straight-up calling me a troll first off. Second, I'm talking about only the 3ds not the Wii U stuff.

Now that that's out of the way, I highly doubt we'll see a Yoshi game for the 3ds even in 2014, due to them being busy with the Wii U game. While I wished they did a Yoshi's Island 3 game, I dobut they'll focus on a lengthy game and pick a Casual "Touch and go moment" again.

Chances are were also not getting a Star Fox game for the 3ds, because of them probably being lazy and can claim "we already have one on the system" despite being a remake.

Fair enough for a DK game, reasonable with what you said on Pikmin. Metroid iffy (after Other M that I hear a lot about) they could make a PH 2 I guess but anything goes.

Only real response I'll "laugh and troll at" is the Zelda one. If only because they recently said they'll give us WWHD remake for Wii U while Zelda fans wait for the next title for Wii U which kinda imply there gonna technically make 2 "new" Zelda's "graphical wise" on the wii U which will take them at least 2015 (for outside of Japan) to come out.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#59shampoowarriorPosted 1/29/2013 3:54:21 PM(edited)
Skyminxyz posted...
Only real response I'll "laugh and troll at" is the Zelda one. If only because they recently said they'll give us WWHD remake for Wii U while Zelda fans wait for the next title for Wii U which kinda imply there gonna technically make 2 "new" Zelda's "graphical wise" on the wii U which will take them at least 2015 (for outside of Japan) to come out.

What that actually implies is that they will be making WWHD and one new Zelda on Wii U. Zelda 3DS has already been confirmed, it is just a manner of when it comes out. No reason it can't be 2014.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior