What eShop games are actually worth getting?

#11legendarylemurPosted 1/28/2013 1:10:39 AM
I heard Gunman Clive was good, and I'd also recommend Aura Aura Climber. Both are $2.

Gunman Clive is a stylistic platformer shooter, Aura Aura Climber is an arcadey pseudo platformer.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#12Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:15:17 AM
I heard Gunman Clive was good, and I'd also recommend Aura Aura Climber. Both are $2.

Gunman Clive is a stylistic platformer shooter, Aura Aura Climber is an arcadey pseudo platformer.

Are there demos for them?
#13legendarylemurPosted 1/28/2013 1:16:33 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Are there demos for them?

I doubt it for Aura Aura, but maybe for Gunman. I'd just search youtube videos about them. They'll speak for themselves
---
Catch the Rainbow
#14Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:17:32 AM
No demos for either, they both look iffy enough that I'd want to play a demo before buying.
#15DarthFloatyPosted 1/28/2013 1:19:01 AM
Pushmo is good, if you like puzzle games or are creative.

I have: SML2, Links Awakening, Pushmo (this game is decent).

Derp. I only saw SML2 there.

3:20 AM here. That's my excuse.
#16legendarylemurPosted 1/28/2013 1:22:52 AM
No demos for either, they both look iffy enough that I'd want to play a demo before buying.

Well they're probably some of the most bang for your buck kinda games on the eshop, so if you can spare $2, I'd say don't forget about those 2 games.

Aura Aura Climber is also speed-run based, so it has a lot of replay value despite the small number of stages. The later stages are also pretty tough, and every stages have secrets that you can find by taking tricky routes, and finding those secrets can be really fun. It's not entirely for everybody, but I personally loved it.

Meanwhile, I can also vouch for Denpa Men's greatness. I haven't finished it yet though. It's surprisingly long
---
Catch the Rainbow
#17Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:27:57 AM
Denpa Men is not for me at all. I loaded the demo up, got to the camera capture screen and said "nope" and deleted it. I hate games that force me to move the handheld around like that.
#18pbandjamesPosted 1/28/2013 1:32:40 AM
Well, you like Pushmo, so you'll probably like Crashmo. Liberation Maiden is another that I've enjoyed. People say Crimson Shroud is good, but I don't have it. VVVVVV is an excellent title rife with content.
---
Game news is the best news.
#19Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:34:52 AM
I'll think about Crashmo once I have beaten Pushmo. Liberation Maiden looks pretty meh, Crimson Shroud as well.

VVVVVV is a spectacular game but I have it on PC.
#20wurmtokenPosted 1/28/2013 2:54:57 AM
Dillon's Rolling Western. Was a good mix of action/tower defense. It's kinda hard to explain what the gameplay is like. You spend time rolling around a 3D map trying to change things in your favor (upgrading turrets/ collecting spare resources/ moving obstacles). Then when the enemies start coming you have to manage which ones you let turrets take out and which ones you take out yourself.

Here's a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLvnK8e9WE

This was a $10 game that I thought could easily have been a retail $30 and above game.