What eShop games are actually worth getting?

#51Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:09:13 PM
Not to sound rude...but is there anything you do like? O.o it's just things keep getting shot down.

I like plenty of games. As for your recommendations:

Order Up!! - Played this before, hate it.
Ghosts n' Goblins - Prefer Super Ghosts n Goblins
Art of Balance: TOUCH (yes there is a demo) - What's this?
Cave Story - Played it on PC for free
Night Sky looks good (support the indie games) - Got it on PC

Virtual Consoles
Sword of Hope II (its an RPG) - What's this?
Super Mario Land 3: Wario's Land - Played it on Gameboy, getting it again eventually
The Legend of Zelda - Don't like this game, very outdated
#52legendarylemurPosted 1/28/2013 3:32:50 PM
For RPGs, there are Denpa Men which has already been discussed enough, Unchained Blades (which I'd be cautious to try out, but it takes a lot of influences from SMT:SJ and EO), Zenonia (though I'd rather get that on the iOS for cheaper), and... not much else.

Unchained Blades is clearly out of your price range since it's technically a retail game just sold online, and Zenonia is cheaper on the iOS.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#53Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:02:38 PM
Unchained Blades I also tried on the PSP and didn't like. Zenonia is very lowpar, I've played them all on iOS.
#54tehponycornPosted 1/28/2013 4:02:45 PM
legendarylemur posted...
For RPGs, there are Denpa Men which has already been discussed enough, Unchained Blades (which I'd be cautious to try out, but it takes a lot of influences from SMT:SJ and EO), Zenonia (though I'd rather get that on the iOS for cheaper), and... not much else.

Unchained Blades is clearly out of your price range since it's technically a retail game just sold online, and Zenonia is cheaper on the iOS.

they have zenonia? I didn't know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

I'll give gunman clive a try, looks pretty good. I also want to try out dillons rolling wester and liberation maiden.

Though, on topic, I suggest Contra: Super C, while you'll probably say no, it has download play, so a friend can join you, sounds pretty cool.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#55Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:03:54 PM
Not really a contra fan, honestly. Not even back then when I preferred games like Gunstar Heroes.
#56Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:00:16 PM
Bump
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#57Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:33:00 PM
Gunman Clive is pretty fun, unplayable with 3D on though its too damn shiny and the jump is so floaty. I'd say 90% of my deaths so far were because of the jump/
#58Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:52:45 PM
Whomever recommended Dillons Rolling Western: I'm never taking your advice again. That game is awful and was deleted very fast. Waste of $10
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#59x_Sigma_xPosted 1/29/2013 10:00:57 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I like plenty of games. As for your recommendations:

Order Up!! - Played this before, hate it.
Ghosts n' Goblins - Prefer Super Ghosts n Goblins
Art of Balance: TOUCH (yes there is a demo) - What's this?
Cave Story - Played it on PC for free
Night Sky looks good (support the indie games) - Got it on PC

Virtual Consoles
Sword of Hope II (its an RPG) - What's this?
Super Mario Land 3: Wario's Land - Played it on Gameboy, getting it again eventually
The Legend of Zelda - Don't like this game, very outdated

It's a dungeon crawler RPG, just keep in mind that the random encounters can be quite high and battles could take a while from the slow spell animations and text. I'm enjoying it, but if you're not used to that it could potentially annoy you. You should be able to find videos of the game on Youtube.
---
Currently Playing: Devil Survivor Overclocked; Sword of Hope II (3DS, eShop)
Backlog: SM3DL, PM:SS, PLMM
#60pikachupwnagePosted 1/29/2013 10:01:45 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Whomever recommended Dillons Rolling Western: I'm never taking your advice again. That game is awful and was deleted very fast. Waste of $10

Opinions mate.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png