Do I get a 3DS now or wait for a possible next model?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do I get a 3DS now or wait for a possible next model?

User Info: Razieru

Razieru
3 years ago#11
Wait obviously. The three glaring reasons NOT to get a 3DS XL are as follows:

> dire sound quality
> cheap ass build (Fisher Price-esque)
> brightness butchery

^ Mind you, these are glaringly obvious; Nintendo intentionally created these farces in their low budget system. Remember, if it only cost them twenty cents to make it, why pay $200, or even $170 for it?

Also, DS games will STILL display in a blurry and washed out mess. You'll just see that farce easier with the bigger screens obviously.
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!

User Info: MideonNViscera

MideonNViscera
3 years ago#12
The only DS game I played on my XL that looked like crap was FInal Fantasy 4. The other games were all just slightly more pixelated like the 3DS games are.
3DS: 4768-7535-1219

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 years ago#13
I would take Razieru's opinion with a grain of salt... he/she seems to be on an anti-XL campaign for some reason.
(message deleted)

User Info: Razieru

Razieru
3 years ago#15
MideonNViscera posted...
The only DS game I played on my XL that looked like crap was FInal Fantasy 4. The other games were all just slightly more pixelated like the 3DS games are.

^ That's the problem. It happens best with sprite heavy games. Everything still looks a blurry mess no matter WHAT DS game you play - the blur filter and improper colors ruin it.

Of course, there's always the cop out option of shrinking the resolution to hide that farce....

jedinat posted...
I would take Razieru's opinion with a grain of salt... he/she seems to be on an anti-XL campaign for some reason.

Don't go lying now.
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 years ago#16
Nintendo isnt the only console maker that does revisions... why do ppl like to act like that this isnt the case?
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do I get a 3DS now or wait for a possible next model?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived