Do I get a 3DS now or wait for a possible next model?

#11RazieruPosted 1/28/2013 11:50:33 AM
Wait obviously. The three glaring reasons NOT to get a 3DS XL are as follows:

> dire sound quality
> cheap ass build (Fisher Price-esque)
> brightness butchery

^ Mind you, these are glaringly obvious; Nintendo intentionally created these farces in their low budget system. Remember, if it only cost them twenty cents to make it, why pay $200, or even $170 for it?

Also, DS games will STILL display in a blurry and washed out mess. You'll just see that farce easier with the bigger screens obviously.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#12MideonNVisceraPosted 1/28/2013 12:00:33 PM
The only DS game I played on my XL that looked like crap was FInal Fantasy 4. The other games were all just slightly more pixelated like the 3DS games are.
---
3DS: 4768-7535-1219
#13jedinatPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:20 PM
I would take Razieru's opinion with a grain of salt... he/she seems to be on an anti-XL campaign for some reason.
#14RazieruPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15RazieruPosted 1/28/2013 12:04:25 PM
MideonNViscera posted...
The only DS game I played on my XL that looked like crap was FInal Fantasy 4. The other games were all just slightly more pixelated like the 3DS games are.

^ That's the problem. It happens best with sprite heavy games. Everything still looks a blurry mess no matter WHAT DS game you play - the blur filter and improper colors ruin it.

Of course, there's always the cop out option of shrinking the resolution to hide that farce....

jedinat posted...
I would take Razieru's opinion with a grain of salt... he/she seems to be on an anti-XL campaign for some reason.

Don't go lying now.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#16squatch22Posted 1/28/2013 12:08:47 PM
Nintendo isnt the only console maker that does revisions... why do ppl like to act like that this isnt the case?
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg