Game/s you regret purchasing for the 3DS

#121Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/28/2013 4:37:25 PM(edited)
neonick posted...
New SMB 2 - I loved the first one, but the second one just didn't live up to the expectations. Bland, boring game.

Super Mario 3D Land - It gets a lot of praise, but I don't see why. I had to force myself to play it.

this... both have under 20 hours of play, and will probably never get any more...

EDIT: that said, I 100% both of them (minus the coin thing in NSMB2)
---
and thus concludes my post.
#122RedYoshi27Posted 1/28/2013 4:39:42 PM
OoT3D and SSIV

OoT was my first 3DS game and everyone here swore by it plus i've never owned or played it before. Not a bad game but I just never bothered to beat the water temple place. Haven't played it since sometime early 2012.

SSIV is fun but I lack the dexterity SSIV calls for and its awkward on the 3DS. I got it mainly cause it was $10 at best buy a few months ago...
---
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
#123kewldude475Posted 1/28/2013 4:45:38 PM
I've never regretted buying a single 3DS game.

Because I know what's going to be bad or good.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#124JoeBudden42Posted 1/28/2013 4:48:41 PM
CTBradums posted...
Kingdom Hearts. First game I bought. I bought Samurai Warriors for $13 a week ago, and I've had more fun in a repetitive game like Samurai Warriors than I have in Kingdom Hearts. And this is coming from someone who loved the initial KH games and is a huge RPG fan.

I'm easy to please, but KH:DDD just felt...stale and pointless to me. I tried, but I couldn't get into it.

me too. loved the first and second but DDD was just so meh. got to the second or third world than I just said f*** it I'm not having any fun at all.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#125dillo9000Posted 1/28/2013 4:56:40 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7

The only other games I have are Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, and Super Mario 3D Land, the last of which was the only fully satisfying game of the 3.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#126BlueBombei2Posted 1/28/2013 5:02:29 PM
Compass posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
NettoSaito posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
Tales of the Abyss. Not a fan of the combat as I prefer Dragon Quest (Console Style) battle systems. Got caught up in all the hype on this board and bought it.

You mean you like turn based style lol. Abyss is a console game

Actually no. I mean I like console style rpgs. Tales of the Abyss is considered an action hybrid. Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger are all considered Console Style rpgs.

The more you know :)

The more we know of what? Terms you made up? Indeed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/list-71

Term I made up huh? Console style RPG generally refers to titles in which to take turns to attack (except for SRPGs which have their own sub-genre).
#127BlueBombei2Posted 1/28/2013 5:03:25 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Compass posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
NettoSaito posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
Tales of the Abyss. Not a fan of the combat as I prefer Dragon Quest (Console Style) battle systems. Got caught up in all the hype on this board and bought it.

You mean you like turn based style lol. Abyss is a console game

Actually no. I mean I like console style rpgs. Tales of the Abyss is considered an action hybrid. Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger are all considered Console Style rpgs.

The more you know :)

The more we know of what? Terms you made up? Indeed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/list-71

Term I made up huh? Console style RPG generally refers to titles in which to take turns to attack (except for SRPGs which have their own sub-genre).

titles in which you* take turns. Can't edit posts. =/
#128overmaxxPosted 1/28/2013 5:11:51 PM
Resident Evil Revelations.

It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but I barely even did everything in it (only finished Normal Mode) and now it's coming out for the PS3 and PC... since I only game at home even on handhelds, you can see my frustration.
#129JartenPosted 1/28/2013 5:13:37 PM
None so far since I only have have 3 games for it. KH:3D, Ocarina of Time, and Liberation Maiden and I enjoy playing all of them.
#130AwesomdorPosted 1/28/2013 5:31:00 PM
Colors! 3D
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Crashmo
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil: Revelations
Art of Balance Touch!
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Mutant Mudds
The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
ZEN Pinball 3D
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
3D Classics: Kid Icarus
Ketzal's Corridors
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Crimson Shroud
Tales of the Abyss
---
If you hate Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
i3-2120 3.3GHz_6850 Sapphire_8GB 1600 MHz DDR3