Game/s you regret purchasing for the 3DS

#131CompassPosted 1/28/2013 5:32:38 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Compass posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
NettoSaito posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
Tales of the Abyss. Not a fan of the combat as I prefer Dragon Quest (Console Style) battle systems. Got caught up in all the hype on this board and bought it.

You mean you like turn based style lol. Abyss is a console game

Actually no. I mean I like console style rpgs. Tales of the Abyss is considered an action hybrid. Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger are all considered Console Style rpgs.

The more you know :)

The more we know of what? Terms you made up? Indeed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/list-71

Term I made up huh? Console style RPG generally refers to titles in which to take turns to attack (except for SRPGs which have their own sub-genre).

My mistake. Terms GameFAQs made up and you are now trotting out as if they're widely known/accepted.

Trust me, bro. There is no such thing as a "console-style RPG" classification except in your head. Deal with it.
#132HurricaneManningPosted 1/28/2013 5:33:42 PM
samurai warriors chronicles

when i got a vita i bought Dynasty Warriors Next and I don't think I could ever go back to SWC. Granted I only paid $12 for it brand new.
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#133NowujaloPosted 1/28/2013 6:10:40 PM
Mario Kart 7 (Rush gamed)
Mario Tennis Open (just wasn't as fun as previous Mario Tennis games)
Tales of the Abyss (overhyped, crap game)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (nothing new added)
Kingdom Hearts
---
I was forced to take out a mortgage on a house and the only job i could get was from the guy who "sold" me the house.
FREAKING ANIMAL CROSSING!
#134GBeaudoinPosted 1/28/2013 6:22:40 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Mario Kart 7

Yet again a useless sidestory for the Kingdom Hearts series. I bought it because it was only $10, yet I regret it because it's boring as hell.

Mario Kart 7 is just meh, I didn't buy any Mario Karts since 64 and to be honest, I still prefer that one over this one.

At least Fire Emblem is coming out next week.

I still don't understand why some people even mentioned Tales of The Abyss. If you don't like that game, it's clearly because it's not your type of game... not like you shouldn't know what is a Tales game at this point in the Video Game industry... Don't people look up games before they buy them?
---
NHL13
#135BlueBombei2Posted 1/28/2013 6:27:27 PM
O.o You must be fairly new to video games.

In the early 90's people referred to Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest), Ultima, etc all as Console Style RPGs since they mimicked Dungeons and Dragons but didn't have all the depth due to restrictions of hardware. Then came the PC RPGs that more so mimicked D & D. With the games moving to consoles that term soon went away though. These terms were replaced in the mid to late 90's by JRPG and WRPG. I remember when Final Fantasy III (VI) came out Nintendo Power had an article about the difference of genres and JRPG wasn't used at all. It was instead referred to as a Console Style RPG.
#136BlueBombei2Posted 1/28/2013 6:32:58 PM
GBeaudoin posted...
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Mario Kart 7

Yet again a useless sidestory for the Kingdom Hearts series. I bought it because it was only $10, yet I regret it because it's boring as hell.

Mario Kart 7 is just meh, I didn't buy any Mario Karts since 64 and to be honest, I still prefer that one over this one.

At least Fire Emblem is coming out next week.

I still don't understand why some people even mentioned Tales of The Abyss. If you don't like that game, it's clearly because it's not your type of game... not like you shouldn't know what is a Tales game at this point in the Video Game industry... Don't people look up games before they buy them?

Not really. Star Ocean has a similar battle system and Tales of Phantasia is one of my favorite RPGs on my Gameboy Advance. I just didn't like Tales of the Abyss.
#137BlueBombei2Posted 1/28/2013 6:42:27 PM
I guess this site just "made up" that term as well?

http://www.unikgamer.com/games/final-fantasy-27.html
#138DragoncometPosted 1/28/2013 7:01:10 PM
Tales of Abyss, I've heard the characters are annoying but for me it was Ridge Racer, it came with the 3ds when i bought it.
---
"Elapsen semel occasionem non ipse potent lupiter reprehendere."
#139paperwariorPosted 1/28/2013 7:04:44 PM
Awesomdor posted...
Colors! 3D
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Crashmo
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil: Revelations
Art of Balance Touch!
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Mutant Mudds
The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
ZEN Pinball 3D
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
3D Classics: Kid Icarus
Ketzal's Corridors
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Crimson Shroud
Tales of the Abyss

Holy crap, this guy hates everything and buys all of it anyway.
---
burn the photos...
#140Toxicum_SPosted 1/28/2013 7:22:19 PM
Compass posted...
Trust me, bro. There is no such thing as a "console-style RPG" classification except in your head. Deal with it.

Yes.
"Console-type" RPG`s (i think, he is mean JRPG ) not necessarily turn-based. There are plenty of action-battle JRPG`s - exept of Tales Of series there is Star Ocean, Phantasy Star Online, Legend Of Mana, Summon Night:Swordcraft Story, Ys and much more.
Even NES have A-JRPG`s !