so the XL is the exact same price as regular 3DS at best buy right now...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. so the XL is the exact same price as regular 3DS at best buy right now...
2 years ago#1
which 3ds? - Results (219 votes)
3DS
15.07% (33 votes)
3DS XL
84.93% (186 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Given that there's now no price difference to consider, which would you recommend?
2 years ago#2
3DS XL, easily. The only thing the original 3DS has going for it is that it has a lower price and more colors to choose from.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
2 years ago#3
RayzerTag posted...
3DS XL, easily. The only thing the original 3DS has going for it is that it has a lower price and more colors to choose from.

I keep hearing people say that the XL has pixelation issues though.
2 years ago#4
That's somewhat true, but it's not that noticeable in my experience. The larger screen more than makes up for it in any case.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
2 years ago#5
XL and it's not even close.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
2 years ago#6
The XL is also supposed to have inferior speakers, so the sound will be more quiet at 100%.
2 years ago#7
I remember the DSi XL having similar "issues" but it's barely noticeable. All it boils down to is critics being spiteful and exacerbating the XL's "flaws". I only have the 3DS, but I'm happy with it. However, if I didn't have the regular 3DS and there was a chance for me to buy the XL for the same price as the 3DS, I'd buy the XL.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
2 years ago#8
Anclation posted...
The XL is also supposed to have inferior speakers, so the sound will be more quiet at 100%.

I always use headphones, so that won't make a difference (unless their output to headphones is also lower).
2 years ago#9
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
Anclation posted...

I always use headphones, so that won't make a difference (unless their output to headphones is also lower).

Nope headphone volumes are not affected
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
2 years ago#10
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
RayzerTag posted...

I keep hearing people say that the XL has pixelation issues though.

I have the XL, I the screen size is great. It doesn't seem pixelated to me. Even pokemon white looks fine on the XL. Mario 3D land looks gorgeous.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. so the XL is the exact same price as regular 3DS at best buy right now...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived