Any chance Nintendo does a PS+ Type Subscription Program?

#1yankee6903Posted 1/28/2013 12:40:19 PM
Sony also revealed an interesting statistic that we’ll leave you with in closing. For a one year $50 PlayStation Plus account in 2012, users could have saved as much as $2,472 on free and discounted games, DLC and more. That’s nearly 50 times the cost of the subscription

inb4Idontrentgames

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/the-newest-playstation-plus-perks-revealed
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#2vidalmorazaPosted 1/28/2013 12:59:48 PM
Iīm gonna tell you the truth, as a 1 year old PS+ user, I donīt plan to keep it...

Sure you get lots of games, but most of the games I already own them, or they suck (or I just donīt like them) plus, they give you so much, I have all the PS+ in my PS3 hard drive, you know how many have I finished? None, played them all, finished none, still I play Ni No Kuni every day, a game that I payed full price for it....

Only good deals are the discounts, but then again, you are paying to get discounts, and since you donīt buy EVERY game in discount, the whole "the suscription pay itself" is a lie....

Is just my opinion, I know some people love the program, is ok....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#3lunchEATSyouPosted 1/28/2013 1:11:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every PS+, the profits go to Sony and not the developer?

If it's a game I really like, I want to buy it new so I can support the developer. That's a downside to PS+ that never gets discussed
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#4Godstriker8Posted 1/28/2013 1:21:40 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every PS+, the profits go to Sony and not the developer?

If it's a game I really like, I want to buy it new so I can support the developer. That's a downside to PS+ that never gets discussed

If a game gets put on PS+ its extremely likely that it is selling next to nothing, hence why they take Sony's compensation or whatever to put it for free on PS+ making the publisher more money than they would if it wasn't put up on PS+
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#5yankee6903(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:41:25 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

If a game gets put on PS+ its extremely likely that it is selling next to nothing, hence why they take Sony's compensation or whatever to put it for free on PS+ making the publisher more money than they would if it wasn't put up on PS+

Not true. Some of the games on there have sold very well. RE5, Darksiders, Uncharted, even Walking Dead was on there.

Likely they get a % cut. I will admit they are normally older games where most people who were purchasing have already done so. Likely at this point people are just buying the games used or from discount vendors so they are not seing any profit anyway.
---
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 1/28/2013 1:44:33 PM
Not true. Some of the games on there have sold very well. RE5, Darksiders, Uncharted, even Walking Dead was on there.

Saying the game is selling next to nothing isn't the same as saying it has sold next to nothing.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7MarsfordPosted 1/28/2013 1:50:33 PM
Nintendo games sell really well. Why would they give them away for free? I mean it would be great for us, but if it loses Nintendo money, then it's actually bad for us in the long run.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#8yankee6903(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:06:19 PM
Marsford posted...
Nintendo games sell really well. Why would they give them away for free? I mean it would be great for us, but if it loses Nintendo money, then it's actually bad for us in the long run.

Especially if they sell the same multiple times:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/im-addicted-to-buying-super-mario-bros
---