Playing Dragon Quest IX on my 3DS

#1AncientAstroPosted 1/28/2013 2:23:02 PM
What a great jrpg. I forgot how charming the old school were ones. Question, how do you fill the area on the top to full screen? Also, any news for a DQ entry on the 3DS?
#2SharmHedgehogPosted 1/28/2013 2:24:33 PM
1. I don't think it's possible to stretch it for the whole screen.
2. There's a full remake of Dragon Quest VII in production, releasing in Japan this year. I know I'm hyped for it!

Enjoy DQIX; it's one of the best DS games ever.
---
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
#31upsuperPosted 1/28/2013 2:24:56 PM
There's the DQ VII remake as well as the remake of the first Monsters game, Terry's Wonderland 3D, which has not been confirmed for a worldwide release. And I'm not sure I understand your first question.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#4AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:28:55 PM
Dragon Quest X is coming to the Wii and Wii U right?
#5deimos91Posted 1/28/2013 2:33:52 PM
AncientAstro posted...
What a great jrpg. I forgot how charming the old school were ones. Question, how do you fill the area on the top to full screen? Also, any news for a DQ entry on the 3DS?

and DQMTW i am hyped for it
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 1/28/2013 2:46:20 PM
I have DQ IX in my backlog of games. My 3DS is currently in another country, but in about a month I'll finally be able to clear out my backlog.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7RocketZXbluePosted 1/28/2013 2:46:33 PM
you can't "fill" the top screen because then the bottom and top screen don't match (like they're supposed on the original DS)
playing DQ5 myself, just finished DQ4 completely (did everything basicaly), still like DQ3 more, I dunno I like making my own characters...
#8lunchEATSyouPosted 1/28/2013 2:49:40 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I have DQ IX in my backlog of games. My 3DS is currently in another country, but in about a month I'll finally be able to clear out my backlog.

DQ IX deserves its own section in the backlog category. There is so much to do in that game
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#9xoftheuniversePosted 1/28/2013 2:52:10 PM
Personally I think DQ9 was the weakest of the DS DQ games (I didn't play spinoffs so IDK about them) I recommend DQ5. I love that game.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#10GubbeyPosted 1/28/2013 3:33:22 PM
DQIX is one of the best games on the DS. If you're into monster-collection games, then you should also check out DQM:J and DQM:J 2.

I'm really want DQVII, DQM:TW, and DQX to come to U.S shores, but I won't get my hopes up. I also hope U.S will get the Wii version of DQX, because I don't want to shell out a fortune just to play DQX.

It's great to see DQ getting some love here <3
---
"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes..." - Niccolo Machiavelli