Just bought 3DS XL,now why?

#1VannofThursdayPosted 1/28/2013 3:38:06 PM
does my PSP 2000 screen is much more colorful and less pixelated than 3DS XL screen(the top one)?
Im a PSP gamer for 4 years and I can really tell the difference of the screen my PSP has better screen quality,it is an 8 years old gadget and Nintendo cannot surpassed the screen technology of the PSP.
Sorry just disappointed with the screen though I do agree the 3Ds graphics surpassed the PSP(playing RE:Revelation)and can be the same level as the PS2 or Wii.
And ALSO 3DS XL is so heavy compared to my PSP.
I bought 3DS XL just for MH3U.: )
#2jedinatPosted 1/28/2013 4:08:02 PM(edited)
It's because the XL's screen is larger than the PSP's, while being a slightly lower resolution.

Also, I don't know about your experience, but the PSP 2000 screens I've seen have crap colors. Certainly worse than my XL.

edit: ignore my original post about the screen sizes, lol, my decimal was in the wrong place
#3UnknownEaglePosted 1/28/2013 4:20:06 PM
Yea, I got a 3DS too this week, just to play the upcoming monster hunter 3 ultimate...
And I agree that the screen could be better and ... a second analog would be usefull. But yea, where ever capcom goes with MH I will follow
---
I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
#4VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:28:43 PM
jedinat posted...
It's because the XL's screen is larger than the PSP's, while being a slightly lower resolution.

Also, I don't know about your experience, but the PSP 2000 screens I've seen have crap colors. Certainly worse than my XL.

edit: ignore my original post about the screen sizes, lol, my decimal was in the wrong place

3ds xl has 4.8 inches while PSP has 4.3 inches.The resolution on 3DS Xl is more pixelated while PSP is lesser.Hmm maybe the 0.5 inches does make a difference,but it should be better because its the newest gen of handheld.the color is more vibrant on the PSP its like PSP has 16 million colors while 3DS XL is on 256k colors.
The 3D effect is great but its true it hurts my eye and gives a headache if used to long.
Maybe Im just spoiled on how Sony presented their gadget in full quality and using their latest technology on it.
Nintendo is left behind for me.Just for MH3U im jumping to Nintendo but men I'll miss Sony spoiling with their updated tech.
#5TinyTim123Posted 1/28/2013 6:55:23 PM
VannofThursday posted...
3ds xl has 4.8 inches while PSP has 4.3 inches.The resolution on 3DS Xl is more pixelated while PSP is lesser.Hmm maybe the 0.5 inches does make a difference,but it should be better because its the newest gen of handheld.the color is more vibrant on the PSP its like PSP has 16 million colors while 3DS XL is on 256k colors.
The 3D effect is great but its true it hurts my eye and gives a headache if used to long.
Maybe Im just spoiled on how Sony presented their gadget in full quality and using their latest technology on it.
Nintendo is left behind for me.Just for MH3U im jumping to Nintendo but men I'll miss Sony spoiling with their updated tech.

As for the color, I notice if you turn off the Power Saving Mode, the color looks sharper on the 3DS. I believe it is on by default. Little sun looking icon on the top left of the bottom 3DS screen.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:12:46 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
VannofThursday posted...

As for the color, I notice if you turn off the Power Saving Mode, the color looks sharper on the 3DS. I believe it is on by default. Little sun looking icon on the top left of the bottom 3DS screen.

I will try that ill give feedback later thanks
#7CronoDynePosted 1/28/2013 7:18:49 PM
PSP games were designed for the PSP, so they look they way they're supposed to. 3DS games were designed for the 3DS, so they're naturally stretched out on a larger screen.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#8jedinatPosted 1/28/2013 7:40:19 PM
VannofThursday posted...
PSP has 16 million colors while 3DS XL is on 256k colors.

This is just wrong, lol. 3DS also supports 16 million colors.
#9RazieruPosted 1/28/2013 7:45:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10MaximusPadicusPosted 1/28/2013 8:51:40 PM
Razieru posted...
TC the HONEST answer is that it is a typical Nintendo product - rife with outdated and inferior tech. It's really nothing new. Just wait until you start playing/viewing DS games on it. Blech.

Basically, what he said.
BUT, the quality and quantity of games on the 3DS is undeniable.
Yes the psp has a great library of games, but it was Monster Hunter that was keeping that system afloat for many many years. This is precisely why Nintendo made it a clear point to secure Capcom's exclusivity on the Monster Hunter franchise for 3 years.

And in doing that, it literally resurrected the 3DS back from the dead in one day's time. I actually went out and bought the 3ds the very day the announcement was made.

I have found the best of all worlds believe it or not on the Ipad Mini.
It's the only system where I can play Twewy(DS), Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP), and Baldur's Gate(PC) all on one system.
---
"In the land of the one-eyed, the man with TWO eyes is King."
Maximus Padicus