eShop gems that are seldom discussed?

#11BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:35:49 PM
tehponycorn posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
tehponycorn posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
I've played and adored all the hot ticket items, but now I want something off the beaten path. Open to any and all recommendations.

what do you mean by "hot ticket items" a list please?

Denpa Men
Crimson Shroud
Cave Story
Pushmo
Sakura Samurai
Gunman Clive
NightSky
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Liberation Maiden
Dillion's Rolling Western
Crashmo
Fractured Soul

Could you tell me your opinions on each of these games, specifically Liberation Maiden and Dillon's Rolling Western, Gunman Clive and Nightsky too. Also Shantae.

Liberation Maiden - fun, but controls could be better

DRW + Gunman Clive - fun as ****. GC is by far the better game, but they are both impossible to put down.

NightSky - platforming Zen. Beautiful, tranquil, best played with the lights off, innovative, and gorgeous
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS); Cave Story (DS)
#12BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:36:32 PM
king_reggie_28 posted...
Play VVVVVV. Right now. It's amazing!

I heard so much about it, that's my next download!
---
Currently playing:
#13Mega_RatPosted 1/28/2013 6:37:51 PM
Where's Mighty Switch Force? :c

Anyways, 3D Classics: TwinBee is a never ending top down shooter with a very fun bell system. Check out a youtube video of the first TB to get an idea. :D
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#14BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:38:20 PM
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
Sword of Hope II (GB)

Big RPG fan and I've been on the fence about this for awhile. Should I bother with the original or go right for the 2nd?

I missed playing both on the GameBoy and just got the second one on it's eShop release. I'm gonna play the first game afterwards. I love "old-school" styled RPG's. I grew up playing them as they took quite some time to complete and I chose to get my money's worth out of my hard earned allowance when I was younger.

Thanks for the tip. This is rarely discussed and now that I can see it appeals to some of my favorite aspects of the genre, I'll be picking it up for sure.
---
Currently playing:
#15tehponycornPosted 1/28/2013 6:42:10 PM
Thank you, I'll be sure to download dillon's and gunman clive, a bit unsure on both until now.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#16BreloomPosted 1/28/2013 6:57:51 PM
Unchained Blades
---
http://i.imgur.com/EGydz.gif
#17DarkIVloonPosted 1/28/2013 7:07:16 PM
Mighty Switch Force sucks, at first you think its fun, but then you realize the whole game is just an easter egg hunt. Dont waste your money.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#18Mega_RatPosted 1/28/2013 7:10:03 PM
DarkIVloon posted...
Mighty Switch Force sucks, at first you think its fun, but then you realize the whole game is just an easter egg hunt. Dont waste your money.

:c
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#19AntiyonderPosted 1/28/2013 7:32:17 PM
Delbo's a pretty good puzzle game at only $1.99.
#20DDDDrovaPosted 1/28/2013 7:52:45 PM(edited)
Icecreamdunwich posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
Sword of Hope II (GB)

Big RPG fan and I've been on the fence about this for awhile. Should I bother with the original or go right for the 2nd?

Wondering the same thing

just started playing it and have to mention from reading the description of the first game

the second games opening is a pretty big spoiler for game 1's story

the game is first person and grid based, so the whole world is kind of like a maze where you move from area to area of the world fighting the monsters that appear as you quest

if you want a much better description then that nintendolife did a review on the game

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/sword_of_hope_ii_gameboy