So we are getting Zelda for Wii U, what about 3DS?

#11derekfishbowlPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:42 AM
We will definitely get a new Zelda game on 3DS before Wii U. I expect the new 3DS Zelda to be released in 2013-2014, and the Wii U Zelda to be 2014-2015.

It has been a long time since Spirit Tracks was released and not too long since Skyward Sword was released. They've had a long time to work on the next handheld installment, while I think the next home console game is still in the early stages. Plus they have already told us that WWHD is coming out this year, so I doubt they'd release another Zelda game on Wii U soon afterwards.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#12xenos74Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:10 AM
I'm sure we'll get a new one soon enough, just hope we don't get another train/boat or another repeated dungeon like tower of spirits and temple of the ocean king.

I enjoyed both DS games, however, I'd like to see something new on the 3DS
#13Kyoshiro12345Posted 1/29/2013 1:42:06 AM
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
The DS did not get a zelda game until three years later.

Something that happened once does not qualify as a "pattern", so this is pretty irrelevant. Plus, do we, as Zelda fans, want to accept such a dreadful fate?

how long did it take for them to make skyward sword? because twilight princess was a port of a gamecube game.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#14JTC87Posted 1/29/2013 2:13:07 AM
I would prefer a new Zelda game made in the same style as OoT. I don't think a top down Zelda game like the previous would be able to show off the 3D that well.
#15Kouji_TaminoPosted 1/29/2013 2:23:00 AM
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Something that happened once does not qualify as a "pattern", so this is pretty irrelevant. Plus, do we, as Zelda fans, want to accept such a dreadful fate?

The Wii didn't get an original Zelda title until near the end of its lifespan.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
#16nouseravailablePosted 1/29/2013 2:44:54 AM
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Its pretty obvious that 3ds will get its own Zelda sooner or later. Due to Wii-u and the competition in the home consoles (3Ds is going against Vita...), it will most likely be later. Imo, it will be much later...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#17adampeltzPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:00 AM
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Hmmm..... not a pattern?

GB didn't get one until 4 years after its launch (Link's Awakening)
GBC didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Oracle of Seasons/Ages)
GBA didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Minish Cap)
DS didn't get one until 3 years after its launch, (Phantom Hourglass

So.... I'm going to guess 3-4 years after 3DS launched.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#18ARsignal11Posted 1/29/2013 6:59:29 AM
adampeltz posted...
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Hmmm..... not a pattern?

GB didn't get one until 4 years after its launch (Link's Awakening)
GBC didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Oracle of Seasons/Ages)
GBA didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Minish Cap)
DS didn't get one until 3 years after its launch, (Phantom Hourglass

So.... I'm going to guess 3-4 years after 3DS launched.

This. We don't need a new Zelda game every few years. There will be one made and I don't see it any earlier than Winter 2014.
#19plasmatic5Posted 1/29/2013 9:24:24 AM
Does no one in this topic remember the swapnote we all got about a New Zelda (capitalized N)? They're clearly working on one and will probably announce it for the next 3DS focused Nintendo Direct and then show it off at E3.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles