So we are getting Zelda for Wii U, what about 3DS?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So we are getting Zelda for Wii U, what about 3DS?
2 years ago#11
We will definitely get a new Zelda game on 3DS before Wii U. I expect the new 3DS Zelda to be released in 2013-2014, and the Wii U Zelda to be 2014-2015.

It has been a long time since Spirit Tracks was released and not too long since Skyward Sword was released. They've had a long time to work on the next handheld installment, while I think the next home console game is still in the early stages. Plus they have already told us that WWHD is coming out this year, so I doubt they'd release another Zelda game on Wii U soon afterwards.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
2 years ago#12
I'm sure we'll get a new one soon enough, just hope we don't get another train/boat or another repeated dungeon like tower of spirits and temple of the ocean king.

I enjoyed both DS games, however, I'd like to see something new on the 3DS
2 years ago#13
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
The DS did not get a zelda game until three years later.

Something that happened once does not qualify as a "pattern", so this is pretty irrelevant. Plus, do we, as Zelda fans, want to accept such a dreadful fate?

how long did it take for them to make skyward sword? because twilight princess was a port of a gamecube game.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
2 years ago#14
I would prefer a new Zelda game made in the same style as OoT. I don't think a top down Zelda game like the previous would be able to show off the 3D that well.
2 years ago#15
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Something that happened once does not qualify as a "pattern", so this is pretty irrelevant. Plus, do we, as Zelda fans, want to accept such a dreadful fate?

The Wii didn't get an original Zelda title until near the end of its lifespan.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
2 years ago#16
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Its pretty obvious that 3ds will get its own Zelda sooner or later. Due to Wii-u and the competition in the home consoles (3Ds is going against Vita...), it will most likely be later. Imo, it will be much later...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
2 years ago#17
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Hmmm..... not a pattern?

GB didn't get one until 4 years after its launch (Link's Awakening)
GBC didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Oracle of Seasons/Ages)
GBA didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Minish Cap)
DS didn't get one until 3 years after its launch, (Phantom Hourglass

So.... I'm going to guess 3-4 years after 3DS launched.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
2 years ago#18
adampeltz posted...
Frankula posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Hmmm..... not a pattern?

GB didn't get one until 4 years after its launch (Link's Awakening)
GBC didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Oracle of Seasons/Ages)
GBA didn't get one until 3 years after its launch (Minish Cap)
DS didn't get one until 3 years after its launch, (Phantom Hourglass

So.... I'm going to guess 3-4 years after 3DS launched.

This. We don't need a new Zelda game every few years. There will be one made and I don't see it any earlier than Winter 2014.
2 years ago#19
Does no one in this topic remember the swapnote we all got about a New Zelda (capitalized N)? They're clearly working on one and will probably announce it for the next 3DS focused Nintendo Direct and then show it off at E3.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So we are getting Zelda for Wii U, what about 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived